Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Problems with PSI Secure Browser.

Comments

• janusz.kujawa
    janusz.kujawa Posts: 9
    edited October 2022

Hi @fcioanca

I've rised ticket myself (jira), two which I mention before has been directed to PSI so at least 3 tickets;)

If you want pilot this case please tell me we can open private conversation.

Is there any chance for retake 2nd attempt and bring me to the game? cause It was not my fault:(

• Hello,

Finally I was able to install it but It was stupid. If you have no solution so far I can share with you. Please contact me directly.

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

The Customer Support team will respond to your ticket; please keep in mind that it may take several business days (no weekends or holidays) to get the response.

• @waiyan06 I've found *** 3 stars next to ubuntu 22.04 they indicate that isn't supported so far. PSI is working On It. However I have exactly same problem with 20.04 so No sense...

• janusz.kujawa
    edited October 2022

Hi @fcioanca does exist way to pass CKS exam stationary in examination center? Do you know maybe way how to proceed?

• fcioanca

Hi @janusz.kujawa

LF exams can only be taken online.

• janusz.kujawa
    edited October 2022

Ok how we can fix slowness on the platform?My feelings are when I started using web browser documentation (copy paste on remote desktop) problem starts. Could we adress issue somehow?

I'm not able to remember all manifests and all stanzas thats are nedded during exam.

This is really strange cause I have no such as problem on killer.sh maybe developers shoud ask killer.sh author how he handled good speed?

What I can observe problem still exist and folks conplains. You must fix issue first. I will not attend exam again without ensure that issue has solved or detail instruction how can I avoid problems with freezing session. In case of cka,ckad there are most imperative but for cks you must edit files.

Honestly I really don't understand why this exam is offer since I can not edit files read documentation.

• Can you pleas test in the lab if platform is stable for you also.

I really dont understand responsibility who is responsible for what... It is PSI issue or yours.

Moreover If support will tell me for example Janusz you need to pass exam on the mac because mac is more stable. Then I will borrow mac or buy and will try to pass.

• fcioanca

Hi @janusz.kujawa

Please direct all exam-related inquiries to the Customer Support team. The forum is only for course-related questions.

Thank you,

Flavia

• So who should I contact Linux Foundation support jira ticket or PSI team?

• fcioanca

You ready opened a ticket with the Linux Foundation (who will handle all inquiries). There is no need to open mtiple tickets - you can ask additional questions via the initial ticket.

• Hi,

I want to describe my situation, hopeful to help someone in my same situation:

I started the exam and with PSI secure browser all good. After one hour, my screen became blocked with a message. I tried to resolve but nothing worked.

I wrote, immediatly, a ticket to linux foundation about the problem and a request to retake the exam for free.

After 3 weeks , linux foundation reseted my tentative and I finally can retake exam for free because my connection ,or what happened, went down.

Linux foundation should refactor all their platform, where you take the exam, because is so embaressing that anything works....

• I could not take my CKA exam as the PSI Secure Browser just failed to install on Ubuntu 22.04 (which btw) is a LTS version. On top of that there is no meaningful message on what the error is just saying A component required could not be started. Tried to reinstall so many times but no luck. And the frustrating this is if after the start time you tried to login to a different platform you cannot take the exam from there.

PSI Secured Browser seems like a substandard product for people who have spent so much money and time to take these certifications. Please resolve this issue and help us reschedule exams till this platform is stable

My ticket for this issue is raised at https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/desk/portal/15/TCCS-46580

• My certification exam was stopped by error message "A key component couldn't start. Please reinstall". I have created a ticket and then I have searched the internet. Technical issues can occur, but what surprised me was that this issue seems to be known for some time and there is no action from LF. Instruction for PSI installation are still vague, hardware check passes fine but then you are not able to run PSI, there is no warning about ubuntu not being supported any more. From other opinions and experiences I have learned that only working option for OS is win10. Is this true?

• fcioanca

Hi @frantisek

Please direct all exam-related questions to the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and they will assist you.

Regards,

Flavia

• Hey @frantisek , I have the exact same issue than you and reported by ticket on jira and here

• PS: After have tried twice I'm thinking about to get refund and left this. It is a lot of work to disable/disarm my desk environment (monitors, cables, etc) to clean the desk and come to the examen just to not have the PSI Browser working and LFX support mentioning that "no one have never complained or report any issue like this before.

• Hello,

is there any policy of money refund if someone is fed up with the psi browser buggy experience and tried to give the exam multiple time. In my case CKA Exam never loads on my psi secure browser even when proctor released the exam after checking process. I am struggling from morning today. There is no response from Linux foundation #TCCS 57610. It really frustrating and demotivating.

br,

Chandan

• mstepien
    mstepien Posts: 410

Hello @chsingh,

We apologize for any inconvenience. All exam-related questions must be directed to our Customer Support team. Due to a higher volume of inquiries at the moment, it can take several business days (no weekends or holidays) for the Support team to respond. Rest assured they will respond to your request.

Greetings,
    Magda

• krave
    krave Posts: 58

Hi @mstepien , could you please kindly check my tickets? One has been "waiting for support" for one week and no assignee. Another one is about the exam I take today. I have to say that I experienced awfully 5 hours with terrible network issue. PSI support suggested me to take exam some other time. But I can not see the reschedule button. Can you help? Thank you!

• fcioanca

Hi @krave

The LF Customer Support Team is currently working through a larger than usual backlog, taking care of tickets (ticket no. starting with TCCS-) one at a time. Once they get to yours, rest assured they will assist you. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Flavia

• sanjeevpratap
    sanjeevpratap Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

I feel for you all. I am having been having a lot of issues to get the exam to launch and LF support has been very understanding and various tests performed and exam still doesn't launch as it doesn't meet meet the 200kbps and 300kbps (my download 25mbps and upload 5mbps) LF did reset my Exam taking and I am eternally grateful. This will be my 4th attempt at this and I will try this at at different location/network and a DIFFERENT MACHINE on LF support recommendation. As long as they don't ask me to shift countries :), I will go along with their recommendation. I have done a fair bit of troubleshooting, checking firewall and posting to S3 bucket (req. by LF) and LF support could not find root cause. IMO,PSI should develop a end to end test and we can test way before taking this exam to take away anxiety and stress. Anyway will let you all know how I go on FEB 5 as it may help somebody if this pain goes away and will also inform on the lagginess etc.Fingers crossed!!

This exam does mean a lot to me hence perseverance.

• gbose
    gbose Posts: 2

Yesterday I had my CKAD second attempt scheduled. After the proctor released the exam, I opened 2 terminals to work. One Firefox browser was already open. As soon I minimized the browser to work on the terminal, I found that both terminals could not be accessed. In fact when I minimized the browser, I could no longer access it. I immediately informed the proctor to add technical support on chat and pause the exam. But he/she mentioned that exam could not be paused. After 9 minutes, he paused the exam. After the technical person joined, he said he will need 15 minutes to fix issue.

Gave me option to check either with Linux foundation or wait for 15 mins. Since I lost 10 minutes and losing 15 minutes would have dire consequences, I took the former and raised 2 tickets.

In fact I faced the same issue on my first attempt, but proctor promptly paused the exam and then technical team helped me.

So my query to Linux Foundation as to why these of kind of issues are coming, testing not done properly. When I appeared for CKA (May 2022 with Pearson) these kind of issues was not there.

I do not know whether I will be allowed to attempt or whether I may face same or other PSI issues, but I will not go for any LF-PSI certifications.

• fcioanca

Hi @gbose

We are sorry to hear you experienced issues during the exam. If you have not done so already, please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and they will assist you.

On a separate note, we have always worked with PSI as the proctoring partner, not Pearson; however, the exam infrastructure changed last year.

Regards,

Flavia

• pedros
    pedros Posts: 1

I feel your pain too guys, took the CKA exam and at 1h with 9/17 questions answered mouse and keyboard stopped working inside the remote desktop window, outside everything fine. Gladly I don't had any connection issue.

Talked to the proctor, he called tech support, tech support asked to reload, reloaded and the problem remains, tech support asked to close and reopen the browser, closed and reopened, gone through the checkin proccess again, got back into the remote desktop but with 30min less.

I tried to argue with the proctor but resistence is useless, thought 'hm, ok, let give this 30min a try', started working again but after 3min exactly same situation. Proctor called tech support again and what do you think they told me to do? Yeah, restart the browser, ok, restarted, gone through the checkin for the 3rd time and when I got into the environment again the time was over.

I opened a ticket with LF and after a week they got my voucher reseted, thank you very much LF but you need to double check if PSI is working as you expected, or your team responsible for this product is very shorthanded.

• dadheech
    dadheech Posts: 1

Hello, I've made two attempts to write CAKD on May 24th and May 27th.
    PSI secure browser had severe latency issues both the times. I did open the ticket with LF. I'm still waiting for the response since 4 days.

• kbarratt
    kbarratt Posts: 38

Hello @dadheech,

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. The Linux Foundation Customer Support team will assist you in rescheduling the exam at a later time. If you have opened a ticket with them at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org, it can take several business days (no holidays or weekends) for the Support team to respond, especially due to the high volume of inquiries this time of the year.

We appreciate your patience while the team is working to assist you.

Regards,

Kassidy Barratt
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

• Hello,

Today I was not able to finish my CKA exam due to PSI Security Browser issue.
    Every minute the browser was in the not responding state which made the completion of the exam question impossible. So i decided to reach out to the psi support by chat and by phone , unfortunately they were unable to resolve the issue and when I resumed my exam (after rechecking three times because they asked me to close and reopen the browser and restart my pc) I had only 3 mins and I have only completed 7/17 questions !
    I opened after the exam a ticket at LF!
    I hope LF reconsider my first retake and give me my chance because it is unfair to fail an exam due to psi browser technical issues!

Thank you!

Regards,

• mstepien
    mstepien Posts: 410

Hi @hanouliasalame,

We apologize that you encountered issues during your exam. The Linux Foundation Customer Support team will assist you in rescheduling the exam at a later time. If you have opened a ticket with them at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org, it can take several business days (no holidays or weekends) for the Support team to respond.

We appreciate your patience while the team is working to assist all students.

Best,
    Magda
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

• I also faced the problem with PSI Browser, After downloading and and launching the PSI browser it just get stuck at the launch window forever. I started 30 minutes before my scheduled exam today and spent 01:30 hour to troubleshoot it but no luck. Need help from Linux Academy and PSI to look into this.

Categories

Upcoming Training