Problems with PSI Secure Browser.

Options
13»

Comments

• mstepien
    mstepien Posts: 426
    Options

Hi @naveen.malik,

Please open a ticket at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org. The Linux Foundation Customer Support team will be able to help you.

Regards,
    Magda
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

• srinivasaraokolli
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi, I wrote the CKS exam recently. PSI browser crashed twice. I opened two support tickets. After 2.5 hours of troubleshooting and after 3-4 proctors verifying my identity and showing everything my PSI browser session started. Whenever we need to show beneath the laptop the webcam and PSI browsers were getting disconnected (Though I have a long webcam cord). Also, I am unable to change the display resolution of the PSI Firefox browser I ended up having a display resolution of 800 X 600 and I was able to see only 10 lines in the Firefox browser. I can not scroll in the Firefox browser or can not even search ( I used / the option also). As most of the people in the blog say, you can not treat this as an open-book exam since you can not view or search documentation. Also, I have 1GBPS Internet speed but the browser response is dead slow. PSI technical support team is really good. They understood the problem and tried to resolve it. But unfortunately, the limitation seems to be at the PSI browser level.

In summary, I had a very bad experience. I am glad that I passed CkAD & CKA exam one year ago without PIS secure browser.

I don't recommend to anyone take any of the PSI online exams, because the PSI browser has a buggy interface. I will recommend The Linux Foundation give the opportunity for the test takers to give a choice between going to test centers on taking it from home. I would choose a test center for sure.

• shagun81
    Options

I am facing the same issue, I had my exam scheduled at 11 PM IST 20th November 2023. I logged in at 10:30 and trying to connect to the exam since last more than 40 mins it is not connecting.

ALready created support ticket but got no response. Please can someone help me.

• mstepien
    Options

Hi @shagun81,

It can take several business days (no holidays or weekends) for the Support team to respond, depending on the volume. Thank you for your patience while they work to assist all students.

Regards,
    Magda

• jinx
    jinx Posts: 1
    Options

Hey @fcioanca
    I have a active ticket for my problem https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/desk/portal/15/TCCS-88653, but there is no response for this, problem is my exam date will expire by 9th December2023. And i am worried I won't get my chance to give exam if this is not resolved,
    I connected with PSI Browser but it was stuck at loading system for hours, Please help me resolve my issue quickly

• mstepien
    Options

Hi @jinx,

Tickets are handled in the order received. Due to the high volume of inquiries this time of the year, it can take several business days (no holidays or weekends) for the Support team to respond. Thank you for your patience while they work to assist all students.

Best regards,
    Magda

• Dinakaran018
    Dinakaran018 Posts: 1
    edited March 17
    Options

Hi Team,

I have my CKA Exam in 8pm ist. I have started at 7.40pm ist. But PSI Secure browser is not launching upto 8.30 and its closed itseams. Please help me to get it reschedule this exam. I have raised the same in "TCCS-100372 PSI Secure browser is not launching more than 30 mints.
    Inbox"

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,912
    Options

Hi @Dinakaran018

We apologize for the issues encountered. If you have not done so already, please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and they will assist you in rescheduling your exam. Please note that response time can take several business days (no weekends or holidays).

Regards,

Flavia

Categories

Upcoming Training