Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

PSI secure browser ???

Options
13»

Answers

• nikhiljiddigi
    Options

Thanks for the info @fcioanca

I already opened a ticket https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/desk/portal/15/TCCS-80146

Regards,
    Nikhil

• nikhiljiddigi
    Options

Thanks for the info @fcioanca

I already raised Jira ticket
    https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/desk/portal/15/TCCS-80146

Regards,
    Nikhil.

• MichaelChapoco
    Options

Any updates on this? Do they reschedule the exam if this happens to you? And for how long do they respond?

• hpuy
    hpuy Posts: 2
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi, on Ubuntu 22, I fixed it, by untaring the .tar file that gets download when you press "Install PSI Secure Browser", and then running that executable that is inside the tar. That file is already with execute permissions, so you just run ./PSI-blah-blah and a window will pop up for you to install the browser and start your exam.
    Also, if you are on Ubuntu 22, running "wayland", you'll have to swap to Xorg, by logging out, and then clicking on the wheel at the bottom-right corner of your login screen. More info here: https://helpdesk.psionline.com/hc/en-gb/articles/13470827149332-How-to-perform-the-switch-from-the-Wayland-display-server-to-Xorg-X11-on-Linux-Ubuntu-22-04-LTS

• hpuy
    hpuy Posts: 2
    Options

Hi, on Ubuntu 22, I fixed it, by untaring the .tar file that gets download when you press "Install PSI Secure Browser", and then running that executable that is inside the tar. That file is already with execute permissions, so you just run ./PSI-blah-blah and a window will pop up for you to install the browser and start your exam.
    Also, if you are on Ubuntu 22, running "wayland", you'll have to swap to Xorg, by logging out, and then clicking on the wheel at the bottom-right corner of your login screen. More info here: https://helpdesk.psionline.com/hc/en-gb/articles/13470827149332-How-to-perform-the-switch-from-the-Wayland-display-server-to-Xorg-X11-on-Linux-Ubuntu-22-04-LTS

• mvanzadelhoff
    Options

This is really unbelievable. I experience the same problem on my Ubuntu 22.04 system. Did the system check and all was fine.
    Where on earth can i download the psi secure browser?

• lcabello
    lcabello Posts: 2
    Options

Hi everyone!

Second time I try to take my exam but it is impossible to launch the psi browser. I created a ticket the first time but it is still the same..."An unexpected error occured on the server."

It is frustrating and annoying, and obviously the worst experience ever.

• coto2448
    Options

Here for the same.. I have a support ticket opened. I have no idea whats going to happen at this point but I have personal commitments and cant wait around the whole day for this. If this is typical behavior. Please provide guidance in the exam portal for this.]

On another note. Why can we not take this in exam locations??? That should be optional!

• gordonphx
    gordonphx Posts: 8
    Options

********In before "open a ticket with...": I already did that and still no response**.******

Similar problem for me with the PSI secure browser. Seems like this is causing a lot of problems, maybe it should be done away with.

My computer passed every phase of the Exam Preparation Checklist > Check System Requirements

I downloaded the PSI secure browser, and when I went to take the exam, PSI opened, but it sat here for well over 20 minutes just saying "please wait while the system is loading". And it never did load.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted my computer, and all that.

When I got on the phone with PSI support, they took control of my computer and were poking around in the device manager, disabling sound devices, and then when they wanted to start uninstalling drivers from my computer that works perfectly fine otherwise, I told them NO, and ended the call.

They did not seem to know what they were doing. I completely missed my exam, which I took time off of work for and studied quite a bit for. Very upsetting and quite disappointing.

• mstepien
    mstepien Posts: 435
    Options

Hi @gordonphx,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our Customer Support team responds within several business days, excluding holidays and weekends, addressing tickets in the order they're received. They'll assist you in rescheduling your exam.

Best regards,
    Magda

• gordonphx
    gordonphx Posts: 8
    Options

I hope that did not count as one of my attempts, because if so, that is not really fair. It was not my problem, it was the PSI browser. I am not the only person having issues with the PSI browser.

Categories

Upcoming Training