Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lot of Issues while taking CKA exam from PSI browser

tendulkar2904
tendulkar2904 Posts: 1
edited January 2023 in LFS258 Class Forum

I was attempting to answer the first question. I tried to copy the content from the documentation to the terminal (BTW its allowed), after i pasted the content the PSI browser app crashed and i was thrown out of the exam.

It was unexpected and I tried to relaunch the exam but since I had to complete the whole check-in process again when i re logged in the time counter was 40 minutes down to around 78 min. I realized that if i proceed then i won't be able to complete all the questions and I might fail. In the whole process the proctor was not co-operative and he was insisting to continue the exam but i denied and asked the support person to join the chat. He joined and asked me whether I would like to postpone the exam as he could not reset the counter . I asked him whether he can resolve the issue in an hour or so but he said that he can't do and instead he offered me the next attempt without continuing the exam, So i logged out from the exam and filed the ticket with PSI (over the phone) and Linux Foundation

I am not alone, One of my friend till now faced 3 issues( 3 exam attempts). First Exam was not coming up in the portal, Second time the PSI browser crashed, third time (Yesterday) the exam content did not load. He is so frustrated that he asked for a refund of fees.

So i request to kindly make sure that the exam app doesn't crash, and even if it crashes there should be a way to relaunch the exam quickly. My observation is that the app crashes when we are trying to use control+Shift+c or control+Shift+v to copy paste the content from documentation
Also i was not able to copy/paste the command.for changing the context and I had to do it manually. This is a basic requirement and its a fair expectation from Linux Foundation

I have scheduled exam on 29th Jan, and I hope all the issues are ironed out till that time, just need confirmation from LF

Comments

• Hello, @tendulkar2904. The Linux Foundation replaced your voucher? I have been facing a similar issue.

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,887

Hi @crodrigues01

If you have not yet done so, please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and they will assist you.

Regards,

Flavia

• neosam01
    neosam01 Posts: 1

i faced similar issue, it was a horrible experience, the PSI Browser simply was not letting me type commands in terminal, although mouse was working fine not sure if its a compatibility issue or something i was using a MAC M1 and system checks were fine.But the worst part was the tech came did nothing and told me to resume the exam i resumed it was still not working and then he told me to download a screen sharing app and then he disappeared ,i replied to his mail thrice but he never responded and since there was no way to talk to proctor outside the app it was a bad experience.I mean it feels like a complete waste of time and secondly with what confidence shall we go into the retakes if the failure rate is so high.

I wonder why the KillerKoda/Killer.sh interface works like a charm but this interface is worst.PSI is not there in AWS exams anymore LF should also remove PSI.

Horrible experience !!

• I also experienced same problem where I couldn't type anything in the terminal after the first character. I contacted support and was advised to restart the PSI browser. Unfortunately, this meant I had to go through the entire environment check program again, which was frustrating when you clock is ticking. After the restart, my terminal was working correctly, but then a display popup appeared whenever I typed a key. Another support member joined the conversation and asked me to reload and then restart the PSI browser. I did this, and for the third time, I went through the entire setup process again. Something interesting happened this time, though. A popup appeared, stating that my exam was paused, and time had been added to my session. My clock was ticking in the background, showing 60 minutes remaining. I asked for help again, and the support guy joined the conversation. I shared with him my last two tickets, and he added one more to it. After chatting for a while, he asked me to reload and restart the browser, which I did, going through the entire setup process again for the fourth time. Once the exam started, same popup window appeared on the screen with the same message, "your exam is paused, and time has been added to your session." My screen showed only 30 minutes left, and I was frustrated with the whole process. I ended my session and created a ticket. Entire 1 hour 30 minutes I was just chatting with proctors and support guy to help me start my exam.

As issue is already reported a day back by other candidates, they could have simply asked us to reschedule and wait for sometime until they get it fixed. Entire time i was so frustrated. On top of it proctors and support guys were very slow in replying to messages.

• mstepien
    mstepien Posts: 410

Hi @neosam01 and @mayasnayak,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please open a ticket at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and the Customer Support team will assist you.

Regards,

Magda
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

• Hi @mayasnayak @neosam01 even I faced same issues yesterday (May1st 5:00 PM IST) and PSI broke completely after 60 mins. I had almost 7 questions to complete. I have raised support ticket with Linux foundation and waiting if some one responds to me. Btw, did you guys get any retake now or waiting for their response?

• mayasnayak
    mayasnayak Posts: 2

@mstepien I already created a ticket TCCS-67814 on 30th April. Ticket is still unassigned.

@saivenkatesh505 I am still waiting for the response.

• mstepien

Hi @mayasnayak,

It can take several business days (no holidays or weekends) for the Support team to respond. Thank you for your patience while they work to assist all students.

• zlorg
    zlorg Posts: 1

During the exam, I experienced persistent difficulties with both the terminal and the virtual machine. An issue arose where deleting a single character while editing or typing a command would unexpectedly erase the entire command or a significant portion of the document. It is disheartening to note that this is the second time I have encountered these problems during the exam, and they remain unresolved. What exacerbates the situation is that I diligently tested all my equipment before the exam, including my internet connection, keyboard, and mouse, and everything appeared to be in working order.

When I attempted to communicate the situation to the proctor, it felt as though they were merely providing scripted responses without truly understanding the problem at hand. This lack of meaningful assistance from the proctor further added to my frustration. These persistent technical difficulties had a profound impact on my ability to concentrate and effectively manage my time during the exam, which are critical factors in achieving success.

• mstepien

Hi @zlorg,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please open a ticket at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and the Customer Support team will assist you.

Regards,
    Magda

• Attempting the CKA certification on the PSI platform is a nightmare. This is my second exam on this platform and similar issues. System crashed 3 times and 3 times I had to go through verification. Was unable to complete the exam. Ticket has been raised with PSI and provided to Linux Foundation. I hope this gets resolved quickly. Need to have this rescheduled.

• fcioanca

Hi @aewejedevs ,

We are sorry to hear you experienced problems. If you have not done so already, please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org (as they are the only ones authorized to assist with exam-related tickets, not PSI).

Regards,

Flavia

• rkaura
    rkaura Posts: 1

Facing issue today, after check in , the terminal was not coming. only explorer window is seen. i raised the concern to PSI support, after wasting half of time, he said that window enterprise is not supported by PSI software, but it is in supported list and also system check was ok. PSI tech support is literary clueless, He don't know anything, just wasting time and at last told me to re-schedule exam with another laptop.

Ticket has been raised to linux foundation - TCCS-77959

• purshotam1985
    purshotam1985 Posts: 1
    edited August 2023

It seems PSI platform is not good for hands on exam . Faced issue today ,was unable to scroll browser and terminal . Simply got response from PSI support with ticket number #3651903 . Raised TCCS-78041 request to reschedule my first attempt. Definitely it's not a good experience , where people come with preparation and due to technical issue again they have to prepare for same thing . Linux foundation should consider a better approach ,even GUI is also not user-friendly for hands on exam.

• I found it quite puzzling that as soon as I tried launching the Firefox browser, I was immediately greeted with an error message saying "something went wrong," preventing me from accessing it. It took me a significant amount of time to find the terminal. Both the proctor and technical support attempted to assist, but, regrettably, their efforts were in vain. After much waiting and no resolution, I was advised to call PSI. I ended up speaking with two different representatives from PSI, only to be directed in the end to raise a ticket with the Linux Foundation.

• Attempting the CKA certification on the PSI platform is a bit challenging.Yesterday, I just attempt 1st question i got an issue like not able to connect to the server.I tried three times,I spoke to technical support for the help, they tried to fix the things,But the issue didn't get fixed and also It seems PSI platform is not good for hands on exam. Anyways, I asked Linux foundation guys to re-schedule the exam and waiting for the response. Hope everything will goes positive.

• Multiple issues faced by me today

1) firefox was not able to connect to internet for 2-3 mins in the start

2) proctor guy interupted and complained of some pop up which i dont even see

3) screen froze several times in terminal as well as the question area

4) copy paste typo

5) extra characters while copy paste eg. Ccccc multiple times

6) terminal unresponsive many times had to wait for 2-3 mins to be responsive in new as well as existing tab

7) finally was hung for 2-3 mins and app crashed

ticket reference :

TCCS-86402

TCCS-86400

note : this is the 3rd time i faced such kind of issue last time exam was rescheduled, before that i never reported and failed due to few marks, again the same happened

hope you guys can conduct exam at some examcenter in sg or should evaluate based on pro rate basis instead of wasting customers time and efforts

• I also experienced similar issues as the one mentioned above in this thread.
    Had to restart the exam three times, three proctors, and three verifications before to get started, three Technical Support engineers and none of them were able to resolve the glitchy PSI platform, they used the same templates to answer my questions without even trying to figure out what the issue might be, just saying restart, reload and refresh.
    However, at some point, the environment got running but I was deep into the time as 40 minutes were passed without even having a chance to work on a single question. Due to frustration I lost my confidence and requested to reschedule the exam, the reply was “Exit the PSI platform and contact the Linux Foundation”. I did it, sent an email to the LF Support team explaining the problem and requesting to don’t count this session as an attempt because of these problems, 48 hours after that, nobody was assigned to my ticket, and the Status of the exam is still “Grading in progress. Exam results will be released 24 hours after the exam is completed”.
    I'm sorry but if you charge $395, the service should be better.

• mstepien

Hi @vivan8,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please open a ticket at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and the Customer Support team will assist you. There is no email for LF Support team.

Regards,
    Magda

• Hi Magda,

Thank you for the prompt reply. By LF Support Team I meant trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org, just misinterpreted the name. Here are the tickets that I submitted:
    TCCS-87631 and TCCS-87890.
    Please let me know if I need to provide additional information or anything that will help resolve my situation.

Regards

• fcioanca

Hi @vivan8 ,

Tickets are addressed in the order they are received. Response time can take several business days (no weekends or holidays). Rest assured that once the Support team assigns your ticket, they will work with you to help reschedule the exam.

Regards,
    Flavia

• Hi Flavia,
    Thank you for your reply, appreciate it.

• sushild24
    sushild24 Posts: 3
    edited December 2023

it has been more than 60 mins , PSI browser is just loading ... i tried on 3 diff devices.. my exam time already started but PSI is not loading and am not able to start the exam.. this is horrible experience...not sure what to do now... TCCS-90729 and TCCS-90729 these are my tickets.. this really not expected from LF

• fcioanca

Hi @sushild24 ,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your exam. Please open a ticket at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and the Customer Support team will assist in rescheduling the exam. Please note that response time can take several business days (no weekends or holidays).

Regards,

Flavia

• sushild24
    sushild24 Posts: 3
    edited December 2023

Hi Flavia, tickets are already opened and below are ticket ids: TCCS-90729 and TCCS-90726

i prepared day and night to go for this exam and not able to attend this at planned time. It would be really great if you can resolve the issues immediately so that allow retake right now ..

• fcioanca

Hi @sushild24

Once they get to your ticket, the Customer Support team will be assisting you in rescheduling. Forums are used only for course content related issues.

Regards,
    Flavia

• Hi Falvia,

i did not receive any update on my tickets yet. Can you please share if there is any other alternative way to reach out to customer support team and expedite the process.

• mstepien

Hi @sushild24

Response time takes several business days (no weekends or holidays), as tickets are resolved in the order received. Rest assured our Support team will assist you once they get to your inquiry.

Regards,

Magda

• Today i faced alot of issue with my CKA exam,
    -PSI browser unable to capture the ID card picture

• Called technical support and spend 63 mins and logged into the exam.
    • PSI window automatically closed after 45mins approx. called technical support spend 33mins and raised the Ticket. (TCCS-92607)

worst experience of any certification exam. I hope i will get a retake .

• mstepien
    edited January 6

Hi @amit0083508

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org, and they will assist you.

Regards,

Magda

Categories

Upcoming Training