Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package podman

I don't seem to have docker either.

Answers

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello,

Indeed Podman was removed upstream, for some reason. I had updated the labs to show a way to locate the binary, but then did something via git where I lost the update and instead inserted old lab steps. I think I have figured out what I did to the labs by accident and fixed it. I'll be pushing updates soon. Until then:
    Lab 3.1, somewhere around step 7:
    student@cp:˜/app1$ curl -fsSL -o podman-linux-amd64.tar.gz https://github.com/mgoltzsche/podman-static/releases/latest/download/podman-linux-amd64.tar.gz
    student@cp:˜/app1$ tar -xf podman-linux-amd64.tar.gz
    student@cp:˜/app1$ sudo cp -r podman-linux-amd64/usr podman-linux-amd64/etc /

The US Thanksgiving holiday may delay the update rolling out, but I'm on it. Thank you for letting me know I messed up the previous.

Regards,

• Thank you @serewicz. That worked!

• Thank you @serewicz! :)

• dec698
    dec698 Posts: 6
    edited November 2022

Hi @serewicz, so when you say "I'll be pushing updates soon" you mean when someone run the latest setup script, podman will be there?

• Hello @serewicz, Even this one does not work on my side. Any latest update on this?

• Hi @ignace.hakizimana,

The instructions in the earlier post work just as well as the instructions from the lab guide step 3.1.8.
    I attempted a clean podman installation and they both worked.

I would encourage you to confirm that especially the first command is executed in its entirety. There are terminal applications which do not handle well multi-line commands, where backslashes "\" are used to separate lines of the same command. What is the OS of your host machine, and what terminal/ssh client are you using to access the lab VM?

If still not successful, please provide a screenshot or paste in the forum the command and its outputs to help troubleshoot.

Regards,
    -Chris

Categories

Upcoming Training