Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Welcome to the LFX: Linux kernel forum for collaboration

2»

Comments

• Hello everyone,

I am Monalisha Ojha. Currently an Integrated MSc student at BIT Mesra, India. Looking forward to contributing to the kernel.

IRC nick - monalisha

• rudrakshkarpe
    rudrakshkarpe Posts: 5
    edited May 2022

I am Rudraksh Karpe, a passionate programmer, looking forward start my journey in open source.
    I am curious to know about the Linux kernel mentorship program, please help me know more about it. What are the technical skills pre-requisites for the getting started with this program

• shale
    shale Posts: 1
    edited May 2022

I am Soumik Dutta. I first encountered Linux in 9th grade, and I was amazed to find out that it is possible to change the OS by writing code. I found out about the Free Software Movement and the excellent Community working tirelessly to provide open tools to work with. The forums were friendly and warmly provided solutions whenever I broke my Linux install.

Since then, I have decided to pursue CS and give back to this awesome community :smiley: . Currently, I am enrolled in Computer Science and Engineering course at IIT BHU. I am an open-source fan, and I am looking forward to becoming a kernel developer.

IRC Nick : @soumikdutta:matrix.org

• BruteWig
    BruteWig Posts: 3

Hello everyone,
    I am Sebin Sebastian. I mainly do embedded development and currently getting started in driver development for embedded linux platforms. I am very much excited to work with the linux kernel and looking forward to contribute.
    IRC Nick : @sebin

• jiaweihawk
    jiaweihawk Posts: 1

Hello everyone!
    I am Jiawei Hawk from China. I am learning linux kernel right now, and want to increase the understanding of Linux kernel from the project.
    I am also looking forward to contibuting to the community.

Email: yin31149@gmail.com

• labnan
    labnan Posts: 2
    edited May 2022

Hi!
    I am Khalid Masum Labnan. I am new at kernel development, but I always admired this piece of engineering. Nice to meet you all! Looking forward to a wonderful experience.

IRC Nick: @Labnan

• hmx098
    hmx098 Posts: 2
    edited February 2023

Greetings All,
    I am Harsh Mishra, currently a sophomore pursuing Computer Science and Engineering from India, I am interested in learning more about Kernel Development and Systems Programming in general.

I have successfully completed all tasks for the Linux Kernel Bug Fixing Spring 2023 Application. I am interested in deep diving into the Linux Kernel since going through application process has aroused a lot of interest in Operating Systems in general. Currently I am going through "**Linux Device Drivers 3rd Ed **". I need your help finding some more up to date material alongside it to continue my journey and decide what part of kernel I'd be most interested in.
    Regards,
    Harsh Mishra
    IRC: harsh098
    email: hmisraji07@gmail.com
    github: github.com/harsh098

Categories

Upcoming Training