Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Problems with PSI Secure Browser.

I was unable to download PSI Secure Browser during 1 hour and then my exam finished. I clicked on the download button hundreds times and nothing happened. I was on Chrome, Chromium, Firefox. I researched this case in internet, found this https://forum.linuxfoundation.org/discussion/860515/psi-secure-browser topic. Im using Ubuntu and I have exacly the same problem. I coudn't reschedule or cancel exam for those moment.

What should I do? For now I have only 1 try for exam, can I retake my first try? And what OS should I install? But Ubuntu is supported by PSI Secure Browser.

Comments

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

Hi @azhyhariev

Please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Support Team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and they will assist you to reschedule the first attempt.

Regards,

Flavia

• hi! Thank you for quick response! It was a horrible missunderstanding with timezones and some bug on PSI side. I scheduled on 11-00 but they let me download browser on 12-30. I took my first try, thank you!

• I agree. The PSI browser app is very buggy, given that the certification exam is so costly. I'm glad I managed to navigate through the whole process and finished the exam. PSI and LF must test their test/exam products carefully.

• gudivinaykumar
    gudivinaykumar Posts: 2
    edited June 2022

Hi

I studied for the past 3months for the CKAD exam and scheduled it for today by paying 375 USD

Mock exam experience in killer.sh is awesome and I got 92/112 in mock exam

but here in PSI everything is terrible even i have 75mbps speed i am not even able to scroll webpage in emulator worst experience even the psi support didn’t help ...every time asking me to reload the page

and that remote system is getting disconnected every 15 secs.

from 11am-1pm - i raised my hands for help for nearly 60mins and it is so terrible that i am not able answer single question as every time it got restarted and Kubernetes docs from emulator browser is very bad to see forget about copying yaml snippets

CKAD is an open book exam where we can read docs . If PSI browser is this horrible, I can't even scroll the web page. What is the use of mentioning it as an open book exam.

please give me the exam attempt back. Why should I suffer if the PSI browser is not working (I paid my money for 2 attempts and i want my two attempts for this exam )

tickets raised with PSI - 2714538, 2714550

please take some action and give me a chance to write the exam again… in 2hours exam i literally raised my hands for more than 60 mins seeking help

PSI customer relations people threw me like a ball from one to another but no one really helped.

Please take some action and make sure i get my two attempts back for this exam.

• fcioanca

Hi @gudivinaykumar

We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the exam. If you have not done so already, please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and they will assist - please keep in mind that PSI cannot help with this, only LF can.

Regards,

Flavia

• Hello @fcioanca

Thanks for the response,

I facing an error while raising the ticket since morning.

Error:-
    Your request could not be created. Please check the fields have been correctly filled in. We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file.

please help me with this.
    Thanks

• fcioanca

Hi @gudivinaykumar
    I am not able to assist with the ticket creation. Please provide all the required information in the designated fields, and pay attention to the type of content you can add, to ensure it is supported. Creating the ticket should be a very straightforward process.
    Regards,
    Flavia

• Hello -

The new exam format is terrible. The lag is unbearable the ability to navigate and view the documentation is terribly difficult. I sat for the exam yesterday, July 9th and spent nearly 30 minutes trying to adjust the screen so I can read the documentation. I asked the Proctor for some assistance and they said they are not allowed to help me with anything and to call Linux Foundation support if I need any questions resolved. I have submitted a Ticket for something to be done about this. Currently, I will not recommend anyone to take any of these certifications until better options are available to the students.

• I missing my example because i can not install PSI secure browser on my laptop that run on ubuntu, haizzz. i am on take testing for linuxfoundation certification but i can not install PSI secure browser on ubuntu machine client for testing and i found we support almost windows OS and Mac OS. i can not believe this process is so hard for machine that run on linux kernel. Any one can help me installing psi secure browser for ubuntu? Thank you so much!

Regards,
    Ha Quang Du

• fcioanca

Hi @duhqsoftware

We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the exam. If you have not done so already, please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and they will assist you. Please keep in mind that the forums should be used only for course-related questions.

Regards,

Flavia

• makzzz
    makzzz Posts: 2

Seriously? That is what called Linux foundation? "Sorry, we couldn't see your screen sharing, we involve trch support... Can you please restart you browser?". And I have too restart and show a room, a table, ID and whatever and then... It doesn't work again. And now I am writing here while my exam is in progress. Perfect! That is what we call The Linux Foundation.

• fcioanca

Hi @makzzz

If you are experiencing issues with your exam/PSI, please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and they will assist in rescheduling at a later date.

Regards,
    Flavia
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

• makzzz
    makzzz Posts: 2

Hi @fcioanca

Thank you for advice. I have opened a ticket to refund this certification.

• @makzzz Good thought! I cannot run PSI browser on Ubuntu 20.04 right now. 3 minutes are left to start an attempt.
    Thanks Linux Foundation!

• Why can't we use a standard browser like we could on training attempts!!? I have expected better service for this money from the organization which has loud Linux-based name

• fcioanca

Hi @yuriivlasov

If you are experiencing issues with your exam/PSI, please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at [trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org](trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org) and they will assist in rescheduling at a later date. 

Regards,

Flavia

The Linux Foundation Training Team

• Already have opened

• I just passed the CKA exam. The only thing I have to say is that it's really really bad.
    I think it's the PSI platform that's really unusable. It's so slow, yet I have a dedicated bandwidth of 100mbps.

The entry is slow, I have to wait at least 10s after pressing a key on the keyboard to see the character appear.

the secure browser constantly disconnects, I'm really disappointed.

You have to do something to improve the experience, it's really very bad

• I was thinking of taking the CKAD exam after CKA but that's enough for me. My experience with PSI secure browser has been so bad and stressful that I'm not going to take another exam until I'm sure things have been improved.

• But we install it during the exam or previous the exam? when?

• sathishsathyan
    sathishsathyan Posts: 1
    edited August 2022

Same issue with me today. This is the second time in the last 3 days(CKA exams). The proctors have same blanket response every time which makes me believe those are some bots .. Anyways, could not do much this time too and the timer ran out since the proctor paused my exam as they could not see my shared screen. Had the tech support person remote desktop via anydesk and enable all permissions too on my laptop. Blanket response for anything: "Please contact tech support or create a ticket on training.linuxfoundation.org". Created 2 tickets for the 2 attempts and no response yet. The most annoying part is the same proctor who pauses our exams cant pause the timer. And the next time after the reconnect you see 20 mins have been lost. Is this some kind of a joke? Anyways, have created a ticket for refund.. this is not worth the stress and waste of time.

• I scheduled my exam for today at 4:30 PM IST and logged in by 4:20PM. but kept loading for 1 hr. After that proctor was verifying for 1 hr. Now I thought of launching the exam from a different computer.but could not find a link to launch the exam. Please help me.

my username is antonyrajesh. I even created ticket through chat(2827516) and https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/theme/portal/15/TCCS-41255

please allow me to reschedule the exam.

• fcioanca

Hi @antonyrajesh

The Linux Foundation Customer Support team will assist you via your ticket (TCCS-41255). Please allow them up to a few business days to respond (no weekends or holidays). The forum is used only for course content related questions, while all exam-related questions must be submitted to the support team, as you did.

Thank you for your patience,
    Flavia

• I have also experienced exactly same when I appeared for my exam today. In fact this was my retake as I could not clear previous attempt last week mainly due to browser issues. It's extremely difficult to refer the k8s docs as scrolling right and left is very cumbersome and doesn't display the whole content properly. Also copying from browser to console is painful and there are no keyboard shortcuts. Infact there's no search option also in browser which makes it extremely difficult to find relevant section in large pages. This needs to be addressed by the organisers ASAP!

• I was facing the same issue launching PSI secure browser. I appeared my exam at 10:00 am MMT which is 30 minutes before my exam and followed the processes to take exam through psi secure browser. I double checked system requirements and installed psi secure browser. But it did not launch up. I am running on Ubuntu 22.04. I raised the ticket to lf support team and hope they will provide me a chance to reschedule my LFCS exam.

• fcioanca

Hi @waiyan06

We are sorry to hear you experienced issues during the exam. Rest assured that the Linux Foundation Customer Support team will assist you, but it may take several business days (no weekends or holidays) to respond, as they take care of tickets in the order they are received.

Regards,

Flavia

• janusz.kujawa
    janusz.kujawa Posts: 9
    edited October 2022

Hello,

I've also want to share with you my experiences. Unfortunately are also bad. I started my exam and want to use ubuntu machine that I prepared in advance. I did many tests before I took CKS exam. When I tried to take exam on ubuntu and tried to install psi security browser nothing happen to me. I clicked script several times without reaction. I decided switch to my windows laptop that has windows 10 (of course os supported Win10). I've sucessfully installed psi secure browser and for first glance all looks good. After 15 mins of exam everything become slow. It was terrible... I wait 10 second for type 1 char. First time I though it must be Internet issue but how it is possible. I did all checka and have fiber connectio 1gbit... during 15 mins at least I filled 4 exercises. I think nice speed. CKS exam contains 16 so I imagine Victory but not this time. Everything slows down and my dream dissapeared forever. I took 2nd attempt and I'm totally disgusted. So far I lost today my second attempt... I took problem to the table, told about slowness to proctor. 2 tickets has been rised but nobody will refound my stress. For today I'm really disappointed, I spent almost 1 month on preparation not only 1 course but several. I also took killer.sh killercoda based on scenarios. Killer.sh 74/75.

Dear PSI could you improve platform cause I wasted my time, health and money.

Thank you

• fcioanca

Hi @janusz.kujawa

We are sorry to hear you experienced issues with the exam. If you have not done so, please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org, as they are the ones to assist with all exam-related issues, not PSI.

Categories

Upcoming Training