Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Training and Certification Support - No response for JIRA

cskalyan
cskalyan Posts: 2
edited February 5 in LFS258 Class Forum

I opened 2 JIRA's with Training and certification support on 8/26 and No one even acknowledged the tickets and all it shows is waiting for support. Can someone please on how to reach support to get my exam registration issue resolved.

Comments

• Same here. Opened a ticket on 27th and no response.
    I couldn't take the exam because of technical issues on the server side. The status still shows "Grading in progress" (3 days later) and I can't retake or reschedule.

• It has been more than 5 days and no one even acknowledged the tickets.
    Sad to see this kind of support from Linux Foundation. I wanted to take the exam before Sep 28th and I am stuck.

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,900

Hi @cskalyan and @vladislaff ,

As a result of the recent outage on the training portal, the Customer Support Team is currently addressing a large volume of inquiries and responding to each inquiry one at a time. Unfortunately, this is causing some delay in their response - we apologize for that and thank you for your patience while they are working on the tickets.

We would also like to advise that the Customer Support Team responds to tickets Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM US CT (as mentioned in the automatic reply you received when you opened the ticket).

Please be assured that every ticket will be addressed and every issue resolved.

Thank you for your patience,
    Flavia
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

• Hi @fcioanca

Is it still the same? I opened a ticket two days ago and am waiting for a response. I wasnt able to take the exam because of a technical issue and the proctor wasnt able to verify my identity. The portal shows "grading in progress" so I cant take the exam or reschedule it. There has been no response from the support team so far. This is very disturbing. Can you please give me an idea of when the support team will be able to resolve this for me?

Thanks,
    Sohaib

• fcioanca

Hi @sohaibfurqan

It can take several business days for them to respond, depending on the volume of requests at that particular point in time. But they will assist you once they respond.

Kind regards,
    Flavia

• Hi @fcioanca,

I opened jira 3 days ago, still the ticket status is waiting for support, How long usually will it take?

• fcioanca

Hi @mohanraj1105

We are currently experiencing a higher than normal volume of inquiries. Customer Support is responding to each inquiry one at a time, so it currently takes multiple business days (no weekends or holidays) to receive an answer.

Regards,
    Flavia

• Hi fcioanca,

My exam was scheduled on Nov 6 , 2022 at 9 am. From 8:30 am to 4 pm I tried everything to start my exam. Finally when proctor able to verify my id exam closed with error exam difference time.
    Since Nov 6 , 4 pm I have been trying to reschedule my exam as my voucher will be expired on December 2 and my future job is dependent on it.
    I opened ticket (TCCS-47819) with Linux foundation after 6 days of wait from PSI support team. Stil no one assigned this ticket. I am worried as my voucher will be expired on December 2. I have only 2 weeks left.

Thanks,

Mudassar

• fcioanca

Hi @mudassarahmad74

LF Customer Support is responding to each inquiry one at a time, so it currently takes multiple business days (no weekends or holidays) to receive an answer. Once they will get to your ticket, they will assist you, including extending your access time if needed. All exam-related issues must be directed to LF team, not PSI.

Thank you for your patience while LF works to assist everyone.

Kind regards,
    Flavia

• Thanks, My problem has been solved.

• Hi, I appeared for exam on 2nd December at 3:00 pm and there was some issue at exam. my exam closed and didn't started again.

Also its more than 3 days, not getting results "grade in progress" due to which I am not able to re-schedule for second attempt.. Also raised this issue on LF ticket support but no one answered or support
    Please help on this so i can reschedule my exam and clear it. its very difficult to wait for very long time..

Also attached the image for reference

• fcioanca

Hi @kuwar2296

Due to a higher volume of inquiries at the moment and the fact that tickets are handled one at a time, response can take several business days (NO weekends or holidays). Rest assured you will be assisted once the Support team starts working on your ticket, they will assist you.

Regards,

Flavia

• anthonymacle
    anthonymacle Posts: 1
    edited December 2022

Hello
    I have a ticket open for 5 Days, my ticket hasn’t been assigned yet.
    @fcioanca your response is always the same, almost look like an automatic reply.

Please keep your energy, I know you have a higher demand than usual and all the ticket would be attended to. However I highly encourage you to change your wording and replace “several business day” by “several weeks”.

Managing expectations proved to be an extremely important matter in the customer service world. As we say “Under promise, over deliver” LF does the exact opposite.

I have never faced such a bad experience to be honest and I am extremely surprised to see how LF handles its customers.You consider them so much that you don’t even deem necessary to open a technical support Hot Line.

It happens that I also had a very questionable experience with PSI, I am not sure why you chose them over PearsonVue, the price I guess ?

After waiting for 1h I was not even able to start my exam so I decided to switch of my computer and open the ticket TCCS 51363 to request a rescheduling. This was Sunday we are now Thursday evening.

I’m the first person in my company to take the CKA exam, unfortunately I won’t encourage my employer to make businesses with you for my other colleagues !

Preparing an exam takes time, focus and energy and truly I feel like LF is totally disrespectful toward its customers. The time passes and surely I now need to make some extra time to keep studying.

What a great experience for +$300 ? Right ?

Like I have been doing since the beginning of the week, I will put my kid to bed, eat and study hopping again to see my “schedule exam” button finally activated tomorrow.

Please do not bother to apologize, I only need you to attend my request and finally open a Hot Line for your customers.

Regards,

Anthony

• Hi Team,

Kindly assign the ticket TCCS-52148. Raised before days. CKA Certification expiry date is December 13.
    Help in rescheduling .

PSI team has raised ticket - 3038329

Thanks,
    Vineetha

• fcioanca

Hi @vineethavm
    It currently takes multiple business days (no weekends or holidays) for the LF Customer Support team to respond. However, once they get to your ticket, they will assist you, including extending eligibility if needed.
    Regards,
    Flavia

• Hi,
    I opened a refund ticket for certification exam bought on the same day. However the ticket has not been responded. As it has refund window of 3 days from day bought , so will it impact my refund if my tickets get responded in several days.

• fcioanca

Hi @vikash.ranjan

The response time will not impact the refund, as the time when you opened the ticket will be considered.

Regards,

Flavia

• Hi Flavia,

Thanks for the quick response. I will wait for the support team's response.

• Hi Flavia,

Hi, I appeared for exam on 7 December at 4:00 pm and there was some technical issues due to which I was not able to take the exam. PSI technical support raised ticket 3108320 to resolve the issue, but was not able to proceed further. my exam didnt start, waited for 1 hour to get the issue resolved.

Also its more than 5 days, not getting results "grade in progress" due to which I am not able to schedule it again.. Also raised this issue on LF ticket support(TCCS-56649) but no one answered
    Please help on this so i can schedule my exam. its very difficult to wait for very long time.

• sainudani
    sainudani Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

Hi @fcioanca , I am not sure what difference it's going to make , but thought to add my case also here. For various reasons, I had a target to achieve a certification by 15th of Jan'23. So , I prepared and purchased the exam but was unable to schedule due to some odd technical reason. I can see the exam details in the dashboard but when clicking 'resume' it doesn't load anything like what was mentioned the in the 'how to schedule' document. rather another blank page appears. Long story shot , as like anyone here, I also opened support ticket and waited.. again waited and still waiting. it's been weeks now. Status is 'unassigned - waiting for support' and yesterday was 15th Jan'23. So , looks like wasted time and money both.
    So, humble request if Linux Foundation can't support current demands, why dont you implement some process ? like temporarily holding new certification requests until clearing current issues to a manageable situation ? It's good amount of money we pay for the certifications. People can at least plan their targets instead of wasting precious time with Linux Foundation.

regards,
    Sainu

• @fcioanca Hi everyone,

I am experiencing the same problem as sainudani . I opened a ticket(TCCS-57219) multiple days ago and have yet to receive a response. I want to take the exam as soon as possible.

• Hi @fcioanca,

My CKAD exam got interrupted in the middle and couldn't recover on time. Discussed with PSI support (ticket number: 3111742) and raised a LF support ticket the same day TCCS-56935 as advised. Its been a week now, but the status is still awaiting support. This is a blocker to reschedule the exam. Your assistance to expedite the process asap is greatly appreciated.

• fcioanca

Hi @yuvarajas

There is currently a higher than usual backlog, and response does take longer. Hopefully they will get to your ticket soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Flavia

• I created a ticket almost 6 days ago. No response yet. Please let me know your contact number so I can call and talk if that works better.

• fcioanca

Hi @bijjaragi.manisha

Tickets are resolved via JIRA; there is no phone number available. Due to a larger backlog, response time takes longer (business days, no weekends or holidays). LF Support team is working to assist everyone, working on tickets in the order they are received. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Flavia

• ugurcan
    ugurcan Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

Hi @fcioanca ,

I know you are trying to solve more problems than usual at the moment, but let me talk about my problem:

PSI Secure Browser was shutdown during the admission process of the CKS exam (21 Jan); I tried to solve the problem with the support team (ticket numbers: 3137459 and 3135508) for two hours, but unfortunately, they couldn't help me, and suggested that I schedule the exam for another day. They told me to open an LF ticket and I opened issue TCCS-58524 the same day as they advised. I've been waiting for support for two days. I need to reschedule the exam and would appreciate any assistance to speed up the process.

• fcioanca

Hi @ugurcan

Tickets are handled in the order they are received. Response time can take several business days (please note weekends and holidays do not count towards response time), but once the LF Support team starts working on your ticket, they will assist you.

Regards,

Flavia

• imranqutab
    imranqutab Posts: 2
    edited January 2023

same here, it's been 6 days, and I could not continue with the exam because PSI Browser took all available CPU capacity and hang up, no progress on the support ticket, and the grading was stuck on "in progress" even after 6 days still telling 24 hours.

• fcioanca

Hi @imranqutab

We apologize for the delay in response. Currently, it takes a longer time (business days, no weekends or holidays) for Customer Support to respond to tickets, due to a higher volume. However, rest assured that once they get to your ticket, they will assist you.

Regards,
    Flavia

• @fcioanca said:
    Hi @imranqutab

We apologize for the delay in response. Currently, it takes a longer time (business days, no weekends or holidays) for Customer Support to respond to tickets, due to a higher volume. However, rest assured that once they get to your ticket, they will assist you.

Regards,
    Flavia

Thanks Flavia, issue resolved.

Categories

Upcoming Training