Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Welcome to the LFX: Linux kernel forum for collaboration

ShuahKhanLF
ShuahKhanLF Posts: 146

This collaboration forum is for mentees and mentors to connect and interact with others participating in the Linux Kernel Mentorship program. Please introduce yourself and connect. Feel free to ask questions and post answers to questions from others. Graduated mentees! Please help mentor new mentees!

Please checkout Linux Kernel Mentorship Program for program details.

Comments

• dwlsalmeida
    dwlsalmeida Posts: 1
    edited January 2021

Hi, I will briefly introduce myself!

I'm Daniel, I'm from Brazil and I was a mentee during the spring of 2020. During this period I worked on driver development for the media subsystem under the guidance of Mauro Carvalho Chehab. Currently slated to work on gstreamer as of next week.

I still have a lot to learn but I hope to be of help to the people around here, I can also be reached on freenode as "dwlsalmeida"

Best regards!

• Hi, myself selvakumar

Im from India. Im a student doing my UG program in Electronics Engineering. I like to code microcontrollers developing drivers and application programs using C language by going through the technical datasheets. Looking forward to get participated in the LKMP. Want to explore the linux kernel and make contribution for it. And I would to thank daniel for sharing his experience and giving some guidance. It was really helpful

• Hi,

I am Izabela. I am from Albania ánd was a mentee last year in the mentorship program. During this period I have worked in the networking subsystem on the dropwatch utility.

I am happy to help here as well on IRC. I am on Freenode as "izabela".

Looking forward to connecting with you!

Cheers!

• Cong
    Cong Posts: 1

Hi all,
    I'm Cong. I'm a senior undergraduate in China, majoring in computer science. I'm an applicant for this year's lkmp program. Looking forward to contributing to the Linux community!

Cheers!

• Hi, I'm Zhuoran! I'm a student from China majoring in Automation, an applicant for the XDP project this spring.
    Hoping to make my contributions!

You can find me on the IRC, my nickname is : zhuo1ang

• Hi, I'm Shubham, It is my dream to contribute to the Linux kernel. I really enjoy working with C and Linux systems. This program looks great initiative for me to make contributions!.

You can find me on the IRC, my nickname is : shubham828

• Renjie
    Renjie Posts: 1
    edited January 2021

Hi, this is Renjie (also the nickname on IRC).
    24 years old, student.
    Hope to enjoy the open source development in Linux kernel!

• ameyyy
    ameyyy Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm Amey. I'm a recent college graduate from India who is interested in storage and virtualization. I've been involved with open source communities like kvm, qemu, rust-vmm, cloud hypervisor for a year now. I'm looking forward to further contribute to the open source especially linux community!

You can find me on the IRC, my nickname is : amey_an

• Hello everyone,
    I am Ayush. A recent engineering graduate from India. I’m an applicant for this year’s mentorship. Looking forward to contributing to the kernel.

You can find me on the IRC, my nickname is ayushsriv

• Hello everyone,

I am Alaa. i am a software developer. I’m an applicant for this year’s mentorship. I really enjoy working with C and Linux systems. Looking forward to contributing to the kernel.

You can find me on the IRC, my nickname is alaaemd

• Hello all,

I am Tanweer Ali, Junior of NIT, Trichy, India. Currently in my 3rd year of College I have participated in some of open source events and looking forward to make a way into this program. My IRC nickname is tanweer.

• Hello world o/

I am Ayush, a CS Undergrad from Delhi, India. Passionate about C, Linux and open source. Looking forward to this years mentorship program.

IRC nick: eldraco

• Hi people,

I'm Igor, a graduated computer science student from the University of Campinas - Brazil. My main interest is the graphics stack, which includes DRM/KMS and PCIe subsystem.
    I have been involved with the Weston compositor these previous months, and now I'm working on a project using Vulkan.
    I think this mentorship program is an excellent opportunity to get more involved with the kernel.

IRC: igrtrrt

• Hello everyone,

My name is Sanskar, an Electrical Engineering Senior from India. I am experienced in creating emulations using QEMU, working with microcontrollers and some low-level programming using Rust and C++.

I have been involved with the FOSS community for a long time and look forward to working with you all!! :):)

My IRC nick is : sansyrox

• Hi everyone,

I'm Amol, a final year Computer Engineering undergrad from India. I graduated from LKMP in Spring 2020 wherein I worked on the RCU subsystem under the guidance of Joel Fernandes. It was a great learning experience for me, and I hope you have a wonderful time as well!

Feel free to hang out with me on IRC! Nick: frextrite

• Hi!

I'm Mikhail, I'm a graduate Computer Science student from Kazakhstan. I have some experience with C (own shell, multithreaded chat) and C++ via OpenCV, CUDA and ROS. Hopefully going to make good contributions!

IRC:
    ac130kz

• Hi Team

I am Deepak Ramegowda. I have applied for a mentorship program on Expose and manage PCI device reset. I am a systematic, organized, hardworking and dedicated individual with an analytical mind with the right academic credentials.
    I have completed B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Adichunchangiri Institute of Technology, India.
    I am currently pursuing my Master’s in computer science (MSc) at Saint Francis Xavier University (Thesis) in Embedded systems and Machine Learning, Canada Antigonish Nova Scotia.
    In India with 5+ years of experience across Design & Development using Embedded Android Linux Security Features, C, RTOS

This mentorship program will help me explore the possibility of getting expertise on the PCI subsystem and contribute to the Linux Kernel with higher responsibilities.
    Thanks in advance for sparing your time. I would appreciate an opportunity provided to learn under your Guidance.

Thanking you.
    Yours Sincerely
    Deepak R

• Hi,

I am Mayank Suman. I have recently completed my PhD in Hydroclimatology from IIT Kharagpur, India. I have applied in mentorship program for Linux Kernel this year.

I am passionate about open source in general and Linux Kernel in particular. I have contributed to some of the open source project too. I am experienced in multiple programming languages (C/C++, Python, Java, Fortran and others) and machine learning frameworks (scikit-learn, pytorch, tensorflow).

This mentorship program will help in exploring the Linux Kernel in more details (specially I/O device drivers). I look forward to make my contributions in Linux Kernel.

IRC: mayanksuman

• Hi everyone,
    Santam here. I am an undergraduate from NIT, Durgapur in India. I am highly interested in working on projects related to hardware and software interaction, writing drivers and firmware. This is the reason I am interesting in being a part of this mentorship program.
    Looking forward to contributing to the linux kernel.

my irc nickname: santam

• Hey everyone,
    I'm Amrit, a final year Computer Engineering undergrad from India. I’m an applicant for this year’s mentorship. Looking forward to contributing to the kernel!

My IRC Nick: amritk10

• atulg
    atulg Posts: 3
    edited January 2021

Hello everyone,
    My name is Atul Gopinathan. Computer Science undergraduate from India. I have been passionate about Linux since my school days and decided to sign up for the mentorship program in order to contribute to the kernel and give back to this wonderful community.
    Feel free to ping me anytime. :)
    IRC Nick: atul-g

• rapiz
    rapiz Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm Yujia Qiao, a sophomore from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China. I've applied for this year's lkmp and I'm always looking forward to contributing to the kernel!

Nickname for all kinds of things: rapiz/rapiz1

• Hi folks,

I'm Nicolas Bouliane from Canada here o/
    C software engineer with an interest towards software defined networking and linux kernel !

You can find me on freenode: acidfoo

• Hi all,

I'm Aakash from Chennai, India. Currently a student. Hope to learn as much as I can
    IRC nick: aakashhemadri

• rmpr
    rmpr Posts: 1

Hello, my name is Mairo Rufus (RMPR almost everywhere online) from Cameroon.
    I am applying to the Linux Kernel Bug Fixing Spring 2021, looking forward to learn a ton.

• ayman12
    ayman12 Posts: 2

Hello everyone,

My name is Ayman, from Spain.
    I'm a computer engineering student, I enjoy low-level programming (mostly C).
    I hope to learn a lot and have fun while contributing!
    IRC: ayman12

• shubham123
    shubham123 Posts: 9

Hello Everyone,
    I am Shubham Verma. Currently, I am a final year engineering student from India, interested in software development and open source. Curently, I am open source contributor to Git organisation.
    I’m an applicant for the Linux kernel Bug Fixing Summer 2021 mentorship.
    I really enjoy working with C and Linux systems. Looking forward to contributing to the kernel.

you can find me on irc and mailing list -
    IRC username: shubh_
    Mailing list Email: shubhunic@gmail.com

• Hello everyone,
    Myself Meha Bhalodiya pursuing B.E. in Computer from India. Much interested in Linux kernel development and so looking forward to contributing,

IRC: mehabhalodiya
    Email: mehabhalodiya@gmail.com

• pankaj89
    pankaj89 Posts: 4

Hello everyone,
    I am Pankaj Biradar.Currently pursuing B.E. from india.
    I am interested towards low-level development and also have an interest towards Open Source

IRC:pankaj892
    Email-pankaj28988@gmail.com

• Hey everyone!
    I am Ankita Pareek, a prefinal year student at IIT Roorkee, India.
    Operating systems and exploring low-level languages have always fascinated me and that's what brought me here to the Linux kernel mentorship program. I'm also a big fan of open-source and I look forward to contributing to the Spring 2022 Linux Kernel Bug Fixing project.

IRC: ankita
    Email: ankitapareek2000@gmail.com

Categories

Upcoming Training