Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Welcome to the Cloud Engineer Bootcamp!

Comments

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,142

Hi @fxgallo , it was a pleasure! Thanks for your comments and collaborations :)

Until tomorrow!

Luis.

• fxgallo
    fxgallo Posts: 8

@luisviveropena Thank you! Until tomorrow.

• justFahad
    justFahad Posts: 2

Hello Everyone,

I've just joined the bootcamp.

Regards,
    Fahad

• luisviveropena

Hi Fahad, welcome!

Regards,
    Luis.

• cjmills
    cjmills Posts: 10
    edited June 2020

Hi Everyone,

I just joined the bootcamp and looking forward to learning a bunch of new skills.

CJ

• luisviveropena

Hi @cjmills , welcome to the bootcamp!

Regards,
    Luis.

• Hello Everyone, so excited to be part of this bootcamp/ new adventure. Let's learn and enjoy together :smile:

All the best to everyone!!

Thanks and Regards,
    Gopi T

• Ridguay
    Ridguay Posts: 1

Hi everyone, greetings from Uruguay. Looking forward to learn a lot of new things and share this process with the group.

Best Regards,
    Michel Ridguay

• luisviveropena

Hi @gopithillaivasan , welcome to the bootcamp!

Hi @Ridguay, greetings from Peru!

Many regards,
    Luis.

• caneacsu
    caneacsu Posts: 1
    edited June 2020

Hi guys & girls! I'm Costin from Bucharest, Romania. I've been working in Information Security for a while now and I decided to take this bootcamp to expand my knowledge on Linux and learn Kubernetes. I'm very eager to apply my current knowledge to containers and start seeing security risks in K8s and learn how to exploit and prevent them :) Good luck on your studies, everyone!

Cheers^^

• luisviveropena

Hi @caneacsu , welcome to the bootcamp! I hope you enjoy your stay here :)

Many regards,
    Luis.

• Hi Everyone from Spain!! @Luis, missed this week's session but certainly looking forward to joining from next week and learning tons! :)

• moulinath
    moulinath Posts: 24

I have a question on the material, been posting it on the 'rt.linuxfoun dation.org' customer service site as well :

"Are the courses listed under 'Free Prep Course' the actual courses that will be covered as part of this bootcamp program ? if so, why does it say these are optional courses - "Free, online preparatory courses are available for most of the courses in the bootcamp. These are optional courses that provide background information for each topic. "

• moulinath

I have found the path to the course materials now. I just now went through the Introduction presentation and did I hear it right when it was said that one should ideally go through LFS 101 first in case someone does not have knowledge of Linux. LFS 101 itself seems to be another 14-week course. Is this whole bootcamp program then not supposed to cover the fundamentals ?

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

The free courses are available if you are a complete newbie, to help you build the foundation to be successful in the courses and exams included in the bootcamp. Not everyone needs them, that is why they are marked as optional, and they are not taken into account time-wise when looking at the time needed to go through the courses in the bootcamp. All courses are self-paced, and this allows all learners to go at their own pace, depending on their availability.

• moulinath

Thanks.

The courses in the Training Program for this Bootcamp seem to having a duration till June 11th, 2021. I anticipate I may not be able to complete the bootcamp program in suggested 6 months and may go closer to that 2021 timeline. I just want to make sure that if I should now ideally go through the LFS 101 program (given my lack of Linux background) , and I need about 20-25 weeks to cover that (considering my learning pace), will I get an extension on that June 11th, 2021 timeline so I can effectively complete the bootcamp program ?

• fcioanca

No, there are no extensions. Everyone has access to courses and exams for one year from the moment they enrolled. Since it is all self-paced, it is up to students to organize and manage their time to ensure they complete courses and exams.

• MUkaoma
    MUkaoma Posts: 3
    edited June 2020

Hello everyone. I am fairly new to Linux and I am interested in learning as much as I can starting with this Cloud Engineer Bootcamp. I recently completed the LFS 101 through Edx and it was a fun experience. I would like to know what is the suggested path for covering the courses in this Cloud Engineer Bootcamp? Secondly, can LFS 211 be completed before LFS 201? Or is LFS 201 a prerequisite for LFS 211? Thank you for your assistance.

• heiko_s
    heiko_s Posts: 99

Hello I'm Heiko. Just signed up yesterday evening and joined the ZOOM meeting today for the first time. So the way I see it there are 5 Zoom sessions a week, each on a different topic?
    The course itinerary suggests to focus on Linux admin and networking at the beginning and then start with containers etc. Any suggestions?

Good luck to everyone and a big thanks to Luis.

• cjmills
    cjmills Posts: 10

@moulinath said:
    I have found the path to the course materials now. I just now went through the Introduction presentation and did I hear it right when it was said that one should ideally go through LFS 101 first in case someone does not have knowledge of Linux. LFS 101 itself seems to be another 14-week course. Is this whole bootcamp program then not supposed to cover the fundamentals ?

Hi @moulinath , I saw exactly the same comment so whipped through the course in the last week. Took about 2-3hrs/day of study time to audit the course (rather than paying and completing the exam). I found it useful to jog the memory on some topics but, depending on your skill-level, you might not require it. Hope this helps!

• linuxskiba
    linuxskiba Posts: 22

Good morning/evening all.
    Like all of you I am so exited to be on this journey and I am sure we are all going to learn a lot together.

Hopefully there are a few more Aussies/Australians in here =)

• luisviveropena

Hi @heiko_s !

We agreed (students asked for it and I managed to get it) to work on LFS201 first (from Monday to Thursday. On fridays there will be the K8 class with Tim). After 4 weeks we'll jump to the next course hopefully.

Many regards,
    Luis.

• luisviveropena

Hi @MUkaoma ,

Of you see the courses outlines for LFS201 and LFS211, you'll see it's recomendable to manage Linux and then go for LFS211. In fact the course says: "Students should be familiar with the concepts presented in Essentials of Linux System Administration (LFS201) course". If you already know Linux, feel free to take LFS211.

Many regards and welcome!

Luis.

• sorry missed today's meeting, there is change i might miss tomorrows one. I assume it is being recorded?

• Geo34980
    Geo34980 Posts: 2
    edited June 2020

Sorry I couldn't attend the first three days, joined zoom meeting which sounded promising but I had a bad audio quality further more I am still unable to find the PDF ressources. Could you give me the link? Thanks
    During the 14 weeks i might miss lots of zoom meetings, like Bultetozlem I hope these will be recorded and available for downloading.

• fcioanca

@Geo34980 If you are referring to lab exercises within the courses, they are accessible from within the course. Instructions on how to download the course resources are available in the Intro chapters for each course.

• MUkaoma
    MUkaoma Posts: 3

Hi @luisviveropena,

thank you for your advise/response. I thought you might say that. I will move through the two as quickly as I can manage. On a different note, please speak a little to the nature and importance of the zoom meetings. I read that it was for office hours, and I have not had a need to participate in them since I do not have a course-specific question yet. However, from comments here, it appears I should make time to attend them. Do you share additional course-relevant materials there? Thank you.

• shanbhag
    shanbhag Posts: 4

Where can we get any 201 study guide material which can be read as i only see Tar file in the FTP folder which only contains ISO or Script files

• fcioanca
    edited June 2020

@shanbhag There is no study guide material for courses. They are self-paced, and you can go through the course content based on your time availability. The tar file contains files that are either solutions for lab exercises available in the course, or resources that you can use for lab exercises.

• Almusowi
    Almusowi Posts: 2

Hi All, My name is Abbas and this is my first taking online. Looking forward for it.

Categories

Upcoming Training