Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Missing dependency for installing and using kubeadm, kubectl and kubelet

Hello,
There seems to be a dependency for installing the kubeadm, kubectl and kublet software. The version had been hard coded and now breaks as there is a newer version available. Force an install of the previous version and the install should work. This would be step "6.5" in the lab. apt-get install kubernetes-cni=0.6.0-00 Do this for both the master and worker nodes

Comments

• Thanks,
    Lab_3.1.pdf - steps 7 worked with ->
    apt-get -y install kubeadm=1.13.1-00 kubelet=1.13.1-00 kubectl=1.13.1-00 kubernetes-cni=0.6.0-00

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Perfect! Thanks!

• whpv
    whpv Posts: 6

Hi all,

I have some problems to install, do you have an idea why? attached

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello,
    How did you install the nodes you are using? Can you install other packages, are your repos set up? Are these bare metal, AWS, GCE?

There are a lot of possible issues, but I would look at how you installed your systems, network and repository.

Regards,

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155
    edited May 2019

Hi @whpv,
    It looks like you are missing the init-system-helpers package, required by Kubernetes on Ubuntu 14. You could try using Ubuntu 16 instead and then install Kubernetes.
    Regards,
    -Chris

• whpv
    whpv Posts: 6

thx serewicz & Chris. It is on GCE. I think I have used the wrong Ubuntu version

• I used Ubuntu 18 on GCE and intsallation worked fine for me. DO you recommend downgrading the current 1.14.1 version to 1.13?
    Also I ran this command as per the instruction in Lab 3.1

apt-get install -y kubeadm=1.14.1-00 kubelet=1.14.1-00 kubectl 1.14.1-00

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi @shubhasismathur,
    This discussion started out of a need to address an installation issue with Kubernetes 1.13.1.
    It is not for Kubernetes 1.14.1.
    Regards,
    -Chris

Categories

Upcoming Training