Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Newer lab2 workaround

serewicz
serewicz Posts: 1,000

In an effort to make the labs even smoother, this is a work-around for lab2.

# Use git to clone openstack as it shows step 2 in book. Before creation of the local.conf file complete the following steps #As ubuntu user create the directory for the repo to download into sudo mkdir -p /opt/stack/requirements #Make sure Ubuntu can write to it sudo chown -R ubuntu:ubuntu /opt/stack/ #Clone the requirements project into the newly created directory. git clone git://git.openstack.org/openstack/requirements.git /opt/stack/requirements -b stable/newton #Replace the version of appdirs to already use the newest to avoid the headache. sed -i 's/appdirs===1.4.0/appdirs===1.4.3/' /opt/stack/requirements/upper-constraints.txt

Then continue on as normal with creation of local.conf and the ./stack.sh.  I have shared these steps with the infrastructure team. Hopefully the workaround can be implemented soon, allowing the labs for chapter 3 and 4 to be fixed shortly. 

Regards,

Comments

• phiney
    phiney Posts: 18
    edited April 2017

Thanks for that, but wouldn't it be simpler to update the pdf, LAB_2.1.pdf instead of expecting someone to fluke finding this or report the problem to support ?

p

• MatthewMartinez
    MatthewMartinez Posts: 1
    edited May 2017

Thanks SEREWICZ

I was having difficulty getting BUI - I could only see the apache welcome screen - the workaround you suggested helped me to get the project running successfully.

Categories

Upcoming Training