Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Task 2: Deploy a Monitor step 2

Options
jimmyaeady
jimmyaeady Posts: 10

When attempting to yum install ceph-deploy I receive the error "Package python-setuptools-0.9.8-4.el7.noarch is obsoleted by python2-setuptools-22.0.5-1.el7.noarch which is already installed"

How can I resolve this? Uninstalling teh current Python2-setuptools and installing the tool that is requested?  --skip-broken and rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest did not resolve the issue

[ceph@rdo-cc ceph-cluster]$ sudo yum -y install ceph-deploy

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, priorities

Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

* base: mirror.rackspace.com

* epel: fedora-epel.mirror.lstn.net

* epel-debuginfo: fedora-epel.mirror.lstn.net

* epel-source: fedora-epel.mirror.lstn.net

* extras: repos.dfw.quadranet.com

* updates: mirrors.advancedhosters.com

Resolving Dependencies

--> Running transaction check

---> Package ceph-deploy.noarch 0:1.5.36-0 will be installed

--> Processing Dependency: python-distribute for package: ceph-deploy-1.5.36-0.noarch

Package python-setuptools-0.9.8-4.el7.noarch is obsoleted by python2-setuptools-22.0.5-1.el7.noarch which is already installed

--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Error: Package: ceph-deploy-1.5.36-0.noarch (ceph-noarch)

Requires: python-distribute

Available: python-setuptools-0.9.8-4.el7.noarch (base)

python-distribute = 0.9.8-4.el7

You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem

You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Comments

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2016
    Options

I will look into this. We may need to disable or enable some repos or move to a newer version of ceph. It will take me a bit to reproduce the lab to this point.

• jimmyaeady
    jimmyaeady Posts: 10
    edited November 2016
    Options

This is an important lab for me but I will skip this lab and carry on until I hear a response from you. 

• serewicz
    Options

I am updating the errata file. I will push more details about the lab, and what will be different with following steps shortly. To fix this particular issue:

The installation of the ceph-deploy script has changed. The python software has a newer version, but the older installation script is not aware of it, nor willing to use a newer version. To fix this, replace yum -y install command with a python specific commands as follows:

[ceph@rdo-cc ceph-cluster]$ sudo yum -y install python-pip

[ceph@rdo-cc ceph-cluster]$ sudo pip install ceph-deploy

[ceph@rdo-cc ceph-cluster]$ sudo pip install --upgrade pip

That will get you past that point. The errata should be up with following changes if you haven't figured out how to fix the issue through troubleshooting before then. 

• Abdenour7496
    Abdenour7496 Posts: 9
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi serewicz

in TASK2 LAB11.1 i followed your advise and tried to install the python-pip BUT i am receiving this error>>

[ceph@rdo-cc ceph-cluster]$ sudo yum -y install python-pip

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, priorities

File contains parsing errors: file:///etc/yum.repos.d/start-ceph.repo

[line  9]: 10.100.32.41         rdo-cc

PS NOTE: i am typing the command in the CLI not copying and pasting the command

Any help please

• serewicz
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hello,

The output to an error is a good place to start. You'll note it says the file, start-ceph.repo, has a parsing error on line 9. I would not know why a line from what looks like /etc/hosts, would end up there.   Did you use the "start over" feature, or have are you continuing with the previous session you had been working and troubleshooting on?

You may consider looking at the edX course on learning about Linux System Administration.  OpenStack is an advanced topic and has the prerequisites you have the knowledge found in LFS101 (free - link below) and LFS201. Troubleshooting yum issues would be one of those skills. 

https://training.linuxfoundation.org/linux-courses/system-administration-training/introduction-to-linux '

If you "start over" and it still does not work, please troublshoot the errors from the terminal. I ran the very steps from the course on duplicate lab system shortly before my previous post. I encountered no issues. 

Categories

Upcoming Training