Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab Environment Forbidden

I can not launch all lab environment. It says:

"Forbidden. You don't have the permission to access the requested resource. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server."

Any clues on this?

Thanks

Comments

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello utianayuba,

This error usually stems form a firewall or proxy that won't allow access to the ports the remote terminal software uses. Are you able to connect via a different network?   Another thing to check is a local firewall that may be preventing access to the ports.

I just treid to gain access and was allowed, from a system with no firewall and no proxy configured.

I will contact the support team to see if I can provide further information.

• kskalvar
    kskalvar Posts: 10
    edited August 2016

This was definitely a lab configuration issue and not a proxy/firewall problem.  To resolve I opened a ticket by sending the error message along with your Linux Foundation Userid (LFID) to training@linuxfoundation.org. It will automatically issue the ticket and they get back to you.

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Glad you were able to resolve the issue. Others may have experienced a different issue. 

• elsonico
    elsonico Posts: 7
    edited August 2016

I have the same issue: "

Forbidden

You don't have the permission to access the requested resource. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server."

I don't have firewall restricting outgoing ports nor do I have proxy.

I opened a ticket a while ago, but haven't yet heard back.

Thanks

• kskalvar
    kskalvar Posts: 10
    edited August 2016

I actually got this fixed by emailing training@linuxfoundation.org.  I used the following as a subject line:

LFS252 OpenStack Administration Fundamentals - 2.1 Lab 2 Excercise 2.1 - LFID <your Linux Foundation UserID>

I did received an email ticket from their their ticketing system.  It took about a day to hear back, but they did get back to me.

• elsonico
    elsonico Posts: 7
    edited August 2016

Yes I did receive reply for my email to training@... with ticket #. I was hoping solving this would be a bit faster, but I guess I just have to wait before I can get my hands on to labs :)

• I've just joined and got the same error message when trying to "Launch Lab Environment".

This issue is over 2 years old and LF still don't have an automated solution for this?

and there is no live phone/chat support?  Hello? It's 2018!

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886
    edited July 2018

Lab access is provided usually in 1-2 business days, as your LF ID needs to be given authorization on the back end to access the lab environment. If it has been more than 1-2 business days and you do not have access, please send an email to training@linuxfoundation.org.

Categories

Upcoming Training