Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Installation on a Pangolin Performance v5 System76

While I enjoy using Ubuntu (the Debian derivative has helped resurrect perfectly good computers that would have rotted in landfills), I would like to get "under the hood" and truly understand its Debian roots. I have installed Debian on my Pangolin Performance v5 System76 laptop before, but I was having difficulties connecting wirelessly. In Ubuntu, however, this is not an issue. Could I just install the package for WiFiRadar under Debian and connect thusly?

Has anyone else here been able to install and run Debian on their System76 laptop(s)?

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    All System76 systems should have compatible hardware.

Before you start jumping through applications have you confirmed that the wifi card drivers are installed and running using the lsmod command?
  • mfillpot wrote:
    All System76 systems should have compatible hardware.

Before you start jumping through applications have you confirmed that the wifi card drivers are installed and running using the lsmod command?

Update: I am now running Debian 6.0 on my Pangolin. In terms of the wifi drivers, I had to download the firmware files from Intel (not a big deal) and install them via USB flash drive during the installation of Debian.

Categories

Upcoming Training