Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Installation on a Pangolin Performance v5 System76

Options

While I enjoy using Ubuntu (the Debian derivative has helped resurrect perfectly good computers that would have rotted in landfills), I would like to get "under the hood" and truly understand its Debian roots. I have installed Debian on my Pangolin Performance v5 System76 laptop before, but I was having difficulties connecting wirelessly. In Ubuntu, however, this is not an issue. Could I just install the package for WiFiRadar under Debian and connect thusly?

Has anyone else here been able to install and run Debian on their System76 laptop(s)?

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    All System76 systems should have compatible hardware.

Before you start jumping through applications have you confirmed that the wifi card drivers are installed and running using the lsmod command?
  • GrouchoMarxist
    Options
    mfillpot wrote:
    All System76 systems should have compatible hardware.

Before you start jumping through applications have you confirmed that the wifi card drivers are installed and running using the lsmod command?

Update: I am now running Debian 6.0 on my Pangolin. In terms of the wifi drivers, I had to download the firmware files from Intel (not a big deal) and install them via USB flash drive during the installation of Debian.

Categories

Upcoming Training