Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lot of Issues while taking CKA exam from PSI browser

Options
2»

Comments

• aaman009
    aaman009 Posts: 1
    Options

I took the CKA exam on 01/07. Unable to utilize notepad, no up/down scrollbar in Firefox, the slow environment was painful, TCCS-92871 opened.

• mstepien
    mstepien Posts: 426
    Options

Hi @aaman009,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please note that it can take several business days (no holidays or weekends) for the Support team to respond, depending on the volume.

This forum should be used only for course content-related discussions.

Thank you,
    Magda
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

• suhaskaranthcs
    Options

I had issue accessing the context in exam environment. Spoke to PSI Technical support person he raised PSI support ticket : 3924792 , I have also raised a ticket with LinuxFoundation : TCCS-93204. The support team told me that I can reschedule the exam. Is there anyway I can escalate my ticket

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,912
    Options

Hi @suhaskaranthcs

The Linux Foundation Customer Support team addresses each ticket in the order they are received. Once they assign your ticket they will assist you in rescheduling your exam.

Regards,

Flavia

• suit29srivastava
    Options

I tried to connect to the environment despite having over 200 mbps of internet bandwidth app continued to crash and didnt let me start the exam, i constantly tried this for hours and i wasnt able to take the exam.. nobody has responded on my tickets neigher on mail..

this support structure is highly incompetent and frustrating!

• mstepien
    Options

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please open a ticket at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and the Customer Support team will assist you. The response time can take several business days (no holidays or weekends). Rest assured they will help you.

Regards,

Magda

• joseyanez
    Options

Is there any word of advice for us who have not started taking the exam yet?

• roshantulsani
    roshantulsani Posts: 1
    edited January 19
    Options

Dear Team,

I am sharing this information to enhance visibility and awareness among others regarding potential issues they might face when taking the exam through the PSI Secure Browser, which is known for its occasional unreliability

During my CKA exam at 11pm SGT yesterday, I encountered numerous challenges despite using my personal laptop on the office WIFI, which is known for its reliable speed:

• The PSI Secure Browser took an exceptionally long time to load, causing a delay in starting the exam from 11pm to 11:30 pm (Took 1 hour just to load the browser)

• CTRL + F functionality failed to work on the Kubernetes Documents Page, which is crucial for searching the documentation

• PSI crashed midway with a connectivity error, as evidenced by the attached screenshot

• Despite raising multiple tickets with Support yesterday, I have yet to receive a response

• Approximately 70 minutes of the exam time was lost during the process of reconnection and re-authentication, leaving me with only 50 minutes to complete the exam

• Even the ? mark link in the 'Take the Exam' section of Linux Academy wasn't helpful as it redirected me to 'unauthorized_client' suggesting the link needs an update

• I raised ticket number 3936987 with PSI Support, and they have advised me to renew the retake

Thank you for your attention to this matter

Please help
    Regards,
    Roshan

• mstepien
    Options

Hi @roshantulsani,

The Linux Foundation Customer Support team will assist you in rescheduling the exam at a later time. If you have not done so already, please open a ticket with them at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org. It can take several business days (no holidays or weekends) for the Support team to respond.

Best regards,
    Magda

• balmohans
    Options

Hi,
    I took the CKA exam and had a bad experience today. My remote desktop kept dying, and at one point, it was so bad that it was not restoring it. I asked the Proctor to see if he could get the PSI support agent to help. His standard response was, I don't know about this issue; please continue your exam to the best of your ability. After pushing hard, one PSI support agent joined the chat and could not diagnose the problem. The Proctor asked me to call the 800 number, which I did, but the agent could not figure it out. I asked the agent if I could retake my exam, as I lost so much time with live chat + being on the phone with you. Her response was to file ticket the LinuxFoundation.
    The agent asked me to restart the laptop, and then she used a tool called anydesk to live screenshare to diagnose the issue. To my dismay, after 30 minutes of diagnostic, she told me that the anydesk had a significant outage, so call the 800 number again after an hour or two.
    So when I called the 800 number after 2 hours, the new agent told me that I had unstable internet during the exam per our recording. So we retest the speed on my laptop using the anydesk tool, which eventually takes you to https://networktest.twilio.com/. This tool continues to say that I have the lowest bandwidth of 13 Kbps, whereas if I use the speed test tool from Xfinity or an external tool, it shows that I have 466 Mbps to download and 12 Mbps to upload. Of course they believe those tools are not accurate.

This makes me believe that PSI has some issues with their diagnostic tool that they use for the exam. During the exam, I connected my laptop to the modem with an ethernet cable, what else one can do.
    Even though it was a CKA exam, I was tested on how to use the PSI browser. I'm scared to retake the exam - who knows if I will experience the same issue.
    Regards,

• fcioanca
    Options

Hi @balmohans

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please open a ticket at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and the Customer Support team will assist you in rescheduling the exam. Please note that response time can take several business days (no holidays or weekends). Rest assured they will help you.

Regards,

Flavia

• earthmu
    earthmu Posts: 1
    edited February 6
    Options

Hello support team.

I took CKA exam on Feb 4th 17:00.
    But I couldn't take the exam because I couldn't pass the security check by installed PSI Browser.
    I asked PSI support stuff by chat, but they couldn't solve and the time of the exam is over.
    And they suggested me to retake exam.

Here the tickets raised on Linux Foundation and PSI.
    PSI Ticket number: #3969948
    Linux Foundation Ticket number: TCCS-95566

I need to take CKA exam by this Saturday Feb 10th, otherwise I cannot schedule to take for a while.
    But on my exam page, the "Take Exam" section is still saying "Status: Grading in progress. Exam results will be released 24 hours after exam is completed.".
    Because of that, I cannot reschedule the exam.

So I want you to do following:

• Enabling me to reschedule the CKA exam by this Thursday Feb 8th.
    • Don't count this exam as exam that I took, I don't want you to consume the right to take exam on last exam.

BR,
    Daichi Murakami

• fcioanca
    edited February 6
    Options

Hi @earthmu

We are sorry to hear about the issues encountered during the exam. Please note that it can take several business days (no weekends and holidays) for your ticket to be assigned and addressed, as each ticket is processed in the order it is received. Tickets should not be filed with PSI, as they cannot address issues or questions for Linux Foundation exams.

Forums are used exclusively for course content related questions, while all exam-related questions and issues are submitted via JIRA and addressed by the LF Customer Support Team.

Regards,

Flavia

• i faced too many delay in my online session its take 5 minute to open chrome tab so i cant even write one line command in my terminal and contact with psi supporter they told to reschedule exam and this is what they said to me during the exam and the protector told me to close session
    P S I Support (23:32:59)

Please contact Linux Foundation by logging in to trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org to reschedule your exam.

and they gave me this ticket number 4007820

now after 3 days ive got no response from support
    this is my ticket (TCCS-97519)

my exam date was February 23, 2024 - 10:30PM

• fcioanca
    Options

Hi @mohammadsajjadmahboobi

Please note that response time can take several business days (no weekends or holidays). Once your ticket is assigned, rest assured that the LF Customer Support team will assist you in rescheduling the exam.

Regards,
    Flavia

• almar
    almar Posts: 1
    Options

Was in the middle of buying the course/certification and my card got declined, quick search led me to this thread.

Such a shame to see people who have paid lots of money having so many problems. The discount code almost suckered someone else in, but it looks like I dodged a bullet and will abort my payment.

Thanks to this thread I can see what kind of learning experience this would have really been, shame on you LFX.

• fcioanca
    Options

Hi @almar

We deliver thousands of exams on a weekly basis, and most candidates have a good experience, with no issues. There can be multiple reasons as to why a small number of candidates do encounter problems, but the LF Customer Support Team does work with them to assist and reschedule as needed.

Regards,
    Flavia

• sriramjee
    sriramjee Posts: 1
    edited March 1
    Options

Today , I attempted CKA exam and experienced lot of slowness and not able to scroll or move the curser . wasted around 80% of total time and not able to attempt half of the questions due to extreme slowness of the browser please help to sort this issues , already raised a ticket as well waiting for support team response on it , hope I will get a chance to retake it .

• uncledennis49
    Options

Hi Team,

My CKA exam was March 10th.

I completed the checkin but on connection to the RemoteDesktop, the terminal and Webpages kept lagging. I shared the feedback with the Proctor. The Proctor also paused my screen for a while because he could not see it as the RemoteDesktop kept reconnecting, meanwhile the webcam was unaffected and the chatbox was working. It appears this lag was only from the Remote Desktop terminal.

I discussed with Proctor then I paused the CKA exam to contact the PSI support. While I was contacting the PSI support the Exam time finished.

I did not complete the CKA exams. I have this support request number - 4038594 from the PSI SUPPORT TEAM and I have raised this support request internally with LFC (TCCS-99466). Please assist

• mstepien
    Options

Hi @uncledennis49,

We apologize that you encountered issues during your exam. The Linux Foundation Customer Support team (not PSI) will be assisting you in rescheduling your exam at a later time. Please note that it can take several business days (no holidays or weekends) for the Support team to respond. Thank you for your patience while they work to assist all students.

Regards,
    Magda

• lokeshkumar20
    Options

Hi Team,

Today 17th march 2024, i have scheduled to write CKA exam, i had completed all my precheck test,and passed as well, when i was verifying my Id with proctor, psi browser logged out abruptly,eventhough i tried for 6 times to attend the exam, it always logged out during verification stage, have raised support in both psi and linux foundation support team to reschedule my exam, My PSI ticket id: 4051513,4051542 and linux support ticket: TCCS-100315 ,please help to reschedule the exam without losing my attempts.

Thanks
    Lokeshkumar

• fcioanca
    Options

Hi @lokeshkumar20

We apologize for the issues encountered. Once your ticket is assigned, the Linux Foundation Customer Support team will assist you in rescheduling your exam. Please note response time can take several business days (no weekends or holidays).

Regards,

Flavia

• lokeshkumar20
    Options

Hi @fcioanca /Linux Foundation customer support team, it's been two days, still my ticket is in pending TCCS-100315, even my Lf portal also showing grading in progress for two days, i want to take this exam before march 29th,my career is depends on this exam results,can you please help to resolve my query at earliest.

Thanks

Lokeshkumar

• mstepien
    Options

Hi @lokeshkumar20,

It can take several business days (no holidays or weekends) for the Support team to respond, depending on the volume. Rest assured the Customer Support team will help you when they get to your ticket.

Best regards,
    Magda

• sajinacka
    sajinacka Posts: 1
    Options

This issue still persists with cka exam for psi browser here I raised the ticket with linux foundation before 2 days and no one got back to me TCCS-100762..My time and money all have gone waste due to the technical issue with the psi browser...They are charging a lot for the exam and the support during the exam is no where near to the AWS exam...The inability to utilize the Ctrl + F search bar not only impeded my efficiency in locating relevant information but also added unnecessary stress and frustration to an already demanding examination environment.

Furthermore, the irregularities in the exam start time compounded the issue, exacerbating the impact of the technical disruptions. Despite restarting the browser due to the aforementioned errors, the time allocated for the exam was not appropriately adjusted to accommodate the technical difficulties I encountered.

• mstepien
    Options

Hi @sajinacka,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please note that it can take several business days (no holidays or weekends) for the Support team to respond but they will be able to assist you in rescheduling your exam.

Best,
    Magda

• pavlobondarenko
    Options

Exam type hanged during exam. I could move the pointer though. Take a look on TCCS-102846 please

• fcioanca
    Options

Hi @pavlobondarenko

We apologize for the issues encountered. Please note that response time can take several business days (weekends and holidays are not included). However, rest assured that the LF Customer Support team will assist you once your ticket is assigned.

Regards,

Flavia

• larsonreever
    Options

Me too, During the exam, I had trouble with the computer and software. Whenever I tried to type or edit something, even deleting just one letter would sometimes erase the whole command or text. This happened before in another exam, and it's frustrating that it hasn't been fixed. I checked everything before the exam - my internet, keyboard, and mouse - and they seemed fine.

When I told the person overseeing the exam about the problem, it felt like they were just following a script and didn't really understand what was wrong. Their lack of real help made things even more frustrating. These tech issues made it hard for me to focus and manage my time well during the exam, which is really important for doing well.

Categories

Upcoming Training