Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lots of errors in the course

I see very many minor errors in the course.

One example is the lack of a command in Lab 5.6 Encrypting Secrets -> 2.

In Lab 5.5 Enabling API Server Auditing -> 3. it says "sudo sudo"

Such errors are plentiful. It happened to me that I had to skip some tasks, but I didn't report it because my knowledge is not enough to determine whether it is my fault or the commands are wrong.

Comments

• kubectl get secrets first -o yaml <- Lab 5.6 Encrypting Secrets 2.

• Lab 5.6 Encrypting Secrets -> 10

The second command is unnecessary and does not follow from the description. It checks the record of the first secret which was previously checked several times and later after the second secret is also checked. It is apparent that no one did this exercise after the changes were made. Please correct these errors and update the entire course.

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello @do.siekierski Thank you so much for your feedback and your patience. I wanted you to know that we see your feedback. We have hired a new person to assist and tackling this course will be his first priority. You should be seeing responses from him soon. (He's literally a new hire, so we have to get him on the forums, then he can respond)

• @serewicz said:
    Hello @do.siekierski Thank you so much for your feedback and your patience. I wanted you to know that we see your feedback. We have hired a new person to assist and tackling this course will be his first priority. You should be seeing responses from him soon. (He's literally a new hire, so we have to get him on the forums, then he can respond)

I am very happy about this. I finally managed to pass the CKA so I will try to get through the LFD259 and LFS260 again to pass the CKAD and CKS. I will definitely report the problems I encountered.

At this moment, the forum is full of many LFS260 course errors reported by me and many others.

Categories

Upcoming Training