Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

PSI secure browser ???

Answers

• I couldn't pass my exam because I couldn't launch the PSI browser. What should I do next?

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

Hi @linsan224

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and they will assist you in rescheduling at a latter date.

Regards,

Flavia

• Wow, I just have tried to lunch my CKA for second time (the first time was 5 days ago) and get the same than before and almost everyone here too.

A key component could not start. Please reinstall.

I have opened a ticket (5 days ago) and because this, the LFX have rescheduled it for today and mentioned:

"Based on your description and as we are not seeing this issue reported by other candidates, you may wish to test from a more robust network and system for your next attempt. Please also consider the following factors / recommendations which are known to impact connectivity:"

How is possible that support mentions that no one have complained or reported to had the same problem before ??
    Anyway, it looks like the PSI Secure browser cant found a libssl library (on my case)

[2022-11-20 10:27:59.662] [error] Error starting bastion Web Socket # 1 Command failed: /tmp/.mount_PSIBri0yrUAw/resources/.apps/linux/x64/psi-bastion -l /home/victor/.config/com.psiexams.psi-bridge-secure-browser/logs/bastionWSLog_20221120T102754-16620-0 --verbose=false webserver startWebserver --port 16620 --searchForPorts --timeLimit 10 --tls
    2022/11/20 10:27:59.655151 Starting psi-linux-bastion cmd now &exec.Cmd{Path:"/tmp/.mount_PSIBri0yrUAw/resources/.apps/linux/x64/psi-linux-bastion", Args:[]string{"/tmp/.mount_PSIBri0yrUAw/resources/.apps/linux/x64/psi-linux-bastion", "connect", "--verbose", "--wss", "--port=16620", "--logfile=/home/victor/.config/com.psiexams.psi-bridge-secure-browser/logs/bastionWSLog_20221120T102754-16620-0-linux.log"}, Env:[]string(nil), Dir:"", Stdin:io.Reader(nil), Stdout:io.Writer(nil), Stderr:io.Writer(nil), ExtraFiles:[]*os.File(nil), SysProcAttr:(*syscall.SysProcAttr)(nil), Process:(*os.Process)(nil), ProcessState:(*os.ProcessState)(nil), ctx:context.Context(nil), lookPathErr:error(nil), finished:false, childFiles:[]*os.File(nil), closeAfterStart:[]io.Closer(nil), closeAfterWait:[]io.Closer(nil), goroutine:[]func() error(nil), errch:(chan error)(nil), waitDone:(chan struct {})(nil)}
    /tmp/.mount_PSIBri0yrUAw/resources/.apps/linux/x64/psi-linux-bastion: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    [2022-11-20 10:27:59.664] [verbose] emit psi-bastion-quit-with-error
    [2022-11-20 10:27:59.664] [verbose] got psi-bastion-quit-with-error
    [2022-11-20 10:27:59.665] [error] bastion quit with error on startup
    [2022-11-20 10:36:23.292] [error] getConfig catch No information available

What I still don't understand is why we have these kind of "Hardware/System check test" if at the end (30 minutes before the examen) the LFX will request to install a new software that maybe or maybe not will works. At least, we should be able to install the PSI and "then" run the system check. Or it is very stupid what I'm saying ?? ;-)

At the end is a lost of time to everyone. :-(

• Hi there, I had the same issue (CKA 18:30 CEST) and have already reported this to the PSI support as Jira here is having issues. Hope to get this solved soon, as I'd like to be able to at least take my CKAD exam tomorrow (same time). Thanks for your help!

• fcioanca

Hi @redtux2000

You will need to open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team as they are the only ones able to assist with any issues related to LF exams (PSI cannot help): trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org. Due to a higher volume of inquiries at the moment, response can take several business days.

Kind regards,
    Flavia

• @fcioanca said:
    Hi @redtux2000

Due to a higher volume of inquiries at the moment, response can take several business days.

Thank you for your quick reply!

I know the forum is not the place for support issues but for questions or discussions regarding the courses, but as mentioned in my post the LF Jira unfortunately is not working atm. (Just in case you have not checked your link before posting it. I am sure this will be fixed soon, although operations already seem to be working on it for hours.)

https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/servicedesk/customer/portal/15 shows an HTTP Status 400 from the Tomcat backend (before that it came from the Nginx proxy), so there can be no inquiries at the moment.

• fcioanca

Hi @redtux2000

I have checked the JIRA link both when I first responded to your initial post, and now, and it worked both times with no issues. The Support Team has confirmed that they are not seeing any issues on their end, and tickets are being submitted/received.

Thank you,
    Flavia

• Hi @fcioanca, thanks again for coming back on this. Then there is an issue with my region (Austria), as I cannot access Jira. I took some screenshots but uploading failed, so I put them here and here. Please inform your colleagues, so that they can have a look.

In the meanwhile I can report that after hours of debugging I found a solution. Maybe this could be included somewhere in your docs (or the PSI flatpak could be patched, but their GitHub repo is private and there is no way for opening an issue or a PR).

wget http://at.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openssl/libssl1.1_1.1.1f-1ubuntu2.16_amd64.deb
    sudo dpkg -i libssl1.1_1.1.1f-1ubuntu2.16_amd64.deb
    /bin/sh -x -c $HOME/.config/com.psiexams.psi-bridge-secure-browser/PSIBridgeSecureBrowser.AppImage

NB: sh -xstands for xtrace.

Write each command to standard error (preceded by a +) before it is executed. Useful for debugging.

Kind regards,
    Pablo

• fcioanca

Hi @redtux2000

It is really strange that you cannot upload images in the forum, nor access JIRA. To open a ticket could you also please try to either disable all your plugins, or accessing JIRA in incognito/private mode? It seems that something is blocking you from doing certain things, which myself and other learners located all over the world can do.

Thank you,
    Flavia

• Thank you for your help, @fcioanca! Yes, I finally could open a Jira ticket yesterday after my last post. And I just finished my CKAD exam today with the above fix :smile: – and hope to be able to do so soon with the CKA exam as well.

Maybe others will also find the above fix useful – or at least the information that Ubuntu 22.04 LTS is not officially supported by PSI atm.

• fcioanca

Hi @redtux2000

I am glad to hear that it worked. Fingers crossed that everything will be smooth going forward.

Best,
    Flavia

• Why isn't this issue with ubuntu 22.04 being picked up in the system check?

• hanumantha.adabala09
    edited December 2022

Hi Team,

i wrote exam in last 5 minutes suddenly it was disconnected . please help me on this

• fcioanca

Hi @hanumantha.adabala09

If you have not done so already, please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and they will assist you. Please keep in mind that response may take several business days (no weekends or holidays).

Regards,

Flavia

• i wrote CKAD exam ,last 5 minutes suddenly it was disconnected psi server. please help me on this

• fcioanca
    edited December 2022

Hi @hanumantha.adabala09

Exam-related assistance is provided by the LF Customer Support team, once you open a ticket as advised in my previous post. Forums are only for course content related questions.

Regards,

Flavia

• Hi Team, I also had problem about PSI Browser when launch exam CKA. I created a ticket after that, but still no response yet. My ticket code is TCCS-56950. It's been almost 2 days. Please help me check it. Thank you so much.

• fcioanca

Hi @phanminhlam

Response time is currently taking longer due to a larger backlog. Once the Support team will get to your ticket, they will assist you.

Regards,

Flavia

• ninocan
    ninocan Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

The same happened to me! My exam was scheduled for today 18/01/2023, and the installation of the PSI Secure Browser failed. My machine runs Arch Linux, and I've just submitted an issue here:
    https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/desk/portal/15/TCCS-58248
    It's pretty disappointing that:

• an open-source foundation asks its user to install a closed-source application, which eventually fails to install,
    • the proctor makes no attempts to get in touch with the candidate,
    • their no straightforward way to ask for support.

Please, make the process more transparent and improve on dealing with this issue, which seems to be a recurrent one.

• Hi @ninocan ! Have you managed to use the browser on Arch Linux? I've got my exam scheduled on tomorrow morning but I'm concerned if I would be able to use Arch Linux for it because I don't have Ubuntu installed on my laptop at the moment?

• makks
    makks Posts: 1

Couldn't install PSI Secure Browser on Ubuntu and missed my exam...

I can download the file called "PSI-SecureBrowserSetup_pd_...", but there is no way for me to run it.
    And installation through this link gives an error https://tca.psiexams.com/portal/testdelivery/sb_rpnow_download.jsp

How is that possible that there are no clear instructions provided beforehand and I have to write to support 5 minutes before the exam and miss my appointment? I've done system check a dozen times and it always passed.

• fcioanca

Hi @makks

We are sorry to hear about the issues you encountered. If you have not done so already, please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and they will assist you. Please note that response time can take several business days (no weekends or holidays).

Regards,

Flavia

• shake76
    shake76 Posts: 1

Hi There, I just wanted to know if is there any link to download the PSI browser in order to test it, my pre check test worked as expected but I'm really worried about the experiences dropped here, I will appreciate any input that you can share with me

• Hi, How I can use this app PSI-SecureBrowserSetup within Linux Mint? Can I?

• fcioanca
    edited August 2023

Hi @kevinjessid,

Please direct all exam-related questions to the LF Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org.

Regards,
    Flavia

• tanerjn
    tanerjn Posts: 1

PSI should stop making exams. I had 2 terrible experiences. Now facing one other..

• nikhiljiddigi
    nikhiljiddigi Posts: 6
    edited September 2023

I am also facing the same issue unable to launch the exam and have been trying since 30 mins, no use

https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/desk/portal/15/TCCS-80146

• fcioanca

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing. There is currently a problem on the PSI side preventing scheduled exams from launching. This is reported on the trainingstatus.linuxfoundation.org page, and you can sign up for updates. Please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support Team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and they will assist with rescheduling the exam at a later date. Response time can take several business days (no weekends or holidays).

Regards,
    Flavia

• nikhiljiddigi
    nikhiljiddigi Posts: 6
    edited September 2023

Hi
    When can we expect the exam portal to be back, will I get to reschedule the exam ?

• fcioanca

Hi @nikhiljiddigi

There is no ETA at the moment on when this will be resolved. You will need to reschedule your exam, and the LF Customer Support Team can assist with that once you open a ticket.

Regards,

Flavia

Categories

Upcoming Training