Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Issues on every lab

Options

Is it commonplace to not be able to follow these directions? I am only on Lab 4.1 and with every module, I have spent more time troubleshooting issues that end up being missing information and lack of resources. I finished up the 3.x series labs, on to 4.1 and who wouldv'e guessed and I cant make it past step 2.... ".... etcd-(tab)..." produces no results. Does this mean that I somehow dont have etcd running?

Answers

• oleksazhel
    oleksazhel Posts: 57
    edited October 2022
    Options

may be you forgot to add -n kube-system what exact command do you use before pressing TAB?

• mabricker
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I am typing verbatim lab 4.1 step 2.

kubectl -n kube-system exec -it etcd-(tab) -- sh

When attempting to tab out the command... I get nowhere. Does etcd need to be created/started? Lesson 4.1 introduced etcd so I assume it was created when standing up the cp and worker instances. Any clarity here is appreciated as I am about to give up on this training.

• oleksazhel
    Options

@mabricker yeah etcd is the core service for Kates where stored everything about cluster objects. You can try to check what pods are running in kube-system namespace with command kubectl -n kube-system get pods. If you can find this pod among output it means that you simply didn't add autocompletion or didn't add it correctly to '~/.bashrc'. You can run source <(kubectl completion bash) in bash or add it to .bashrc for permanent solution.

• mabricker
    Options

Thanks for the clarification here. I do have completion bash set, although it appears that kubelet is not actually running from systemd.

Categories

Upcoming Training