Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

problem setting up the maven job in section 6

I have the following problems: I cannot get this job to work, because when configuring the maven tool, its not the same as in the video. It only gives me two options: default or giving a path to the tool (which I dont know)
job config

maven tool config

Jenkins version: 2.347
docker-desktop version: 4.12.0
laptop OS: Fedora workstation 36

Comments

• hi @gouravshah @luisviveropena , could you please take a look at my question

• Dont worry, I figured it out by my self

• Hi @donquijotedelasnubes, how did you solve it?

Regards,
    Luis.

• I thought that this was the part that you should find the dropdown menus that were shown in the videos:

instead of realizing that it was further below:

Thanks anyway!!

I just created a VM on digital ocean just to be able to configure the github webhooks, since I was doing all of the tasks on my local machine, and my home network has a router with only one public IP that is shared between all of the devices in my home network, and I have never been able to configure my home network so that my local machine is reachable from the outside :(

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,144
    edited October 2022

Hi @donquijotedelasnubes ,

instead of realizing that it was further below:

Oh, well, the Maven version can be chosen in the Maven section, hehehe.

I just created a VM on digital ocean just to be able to configure the github webhooks, since I was doing all of the tasks on my local machine, and my home network has a router with only one public IP that is shared between all of the devices in my home network, and I have never been able to configure my home network so that my local machine is reachable from the outside :(

Well, that's the easiest way to make it work. That's why Gourav does that in the videos (instead using a local VM).

Regards,
    Luis.

• @donquijotedelasnubes glad you figured. Its from the Global Tools Configurations. Also if you have multiple versions of maven installed, you could select one from the job configurations.

Categories

Upcoming Training