Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

CKA - PSI Browser : Not loading remote desktop (TUNNEL_ERROR)

sbenhazez
sbenhazez Posts: 4
edited August 2022 in LFS258 Class Forum

Hello,
I was unable to take the CKA exam due to the unavailability of the remote desktop (TUNNEL-ERROR for loading the remote desktop).
I spent 2 hours with SPI Support member without being able to solve the problem after several tries and PSI browser restart.
PSI check is OK but it is not possible to loader the remote desktop (to the right) from my personel device (OS: Windows 10 family).
I wasted a lot of time on this exam.
How can I correct this problem and hope to retake my exam?

Comments

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

Hi @sbenhazez

We are sorry to hear you experienced issues with the exam. If you have not done so already, please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org ND they will assist you.

Regards,

Flavia

• I logged in to the exam, but I couldn't answer the questions.
    The internal right remote desktop is not accessible !
    How to correct the problem for a future session ? maybe my environment access configuration is wrong ?

• fcioanca

@sbenhazez Please open the ticket, as all exam-related questions must be directed to the Customer Support team. Forums are only for course-content related questions.

• Disagree, if the same problems arise without mentioning them in advance to the candidates and sharing them on the forum:

• discover during the exam a very bad surprise on the mental level with a lot of waste of time
    • not finding a solution to retake the exam
      It is unfair !
  • fcioanca

Retaking the exam is something that the Customer Support team will be assisting you with, along with potential solutions to the issues you encountered. Please keep in mind that the issues may vary from user to user, based on very specific variables related to their system setup, bandwidth, and more. The Customer Support team is knowledgeable about these issues and are able to assist on a case by case basis.

• sbenhazez
    sbenhazez Posts: 4
    edited August 2022

linux support response time : 3-5 business days (according to customer support).
    It's really not friendly for customers !

• gagan27
    gagan27 Posts: 1
    edited August 2022

Hi @sbenhazez

I also faced this issue twice for CKA, first on 5th of Aug and after re-scheduling on 10th Aug both day same Tunnel_error. Today on my raised ticket, support team replied that they have applied some fix to resolve this issue. Lets me know if you have given CKA without facing this error again.

Thanks & Regards,
    G

• The same thing happened to me. It’s unresponsive and PSI SUPPORT is useless. I’ve tried to take it 4 times. One time I did actually attempt the exam but it was so slow I didn’t have enough time to answer the questions. Simple things like strolling and copy/paste were impossibly slow.

• Hi,

I also faced the same Tunnel Error for the CKS exam and wasted 2 hours. Wasn't able to connect to Terminal for the exam.
    Also, there was no proper support to guide and solve it. Another issue PSI browser was not allowing to connect external Monitor as well.

Worst ever experience with the professional exam, Now waiting for someone to replay the ticket.

• k0dard
    k0dard Posts: 115

PSI Browser is a piece of garbage, but LF just doesn't care...

• do we have solution for above? i too faced copy and paste from laptop internet explorer towards PSI terminal window is not working. spent 2 hours and raising support Ticket.i see issue raising above forum and i need solution some one having?

• I had the same issues.
    During the examination, it showed that Remote Desktop could not be connected, and it was not solved by contacting PIS technical support.

• fcioanca

Hi @zengdongliang

Please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and they will assist you.

Regards,

Flavia

• The same problems that I was experiencing were indicated by the message "TUNNEL ERROR Remote Desktop could not be connected," and they were not resolved by calling PSI technical support.

• I had a horrible experience with CKA exam, I had scheduled my CKA exam for October 7th at 11:30 PM IST. Unfortunately, the technical issues I encountered during the exam prevented me from attempting any questions, resulting in a highly frustrating situation.

I began my exam at 11:00 PM to complete all the prerequisites well in advance before 11.30 , and immediately after downloading the PSI browser file, I encountered an error stating that my camera was not found. This issue persisted for half an hour, forcing me to switch to another laptop. I immediately raised a ticket for this issue. Subsequently, I was able to connect with the proctor, who released the exam for me. However, a new problem arose; I could not establish a connection to the remote desktop, and I received an error message (error 514) asking me to reset the desktop. Despite being able to view the exam questions and timer running, I could not interact with the exam interface.

Regrettably, neither the proctor nor the technical support team provided any effective assistance. I spent over 30 minutes this time attempting to resolve the issue, and despite multiple attempts to explain the specific problem with error 514, they were unable to offer a solution. Instead, I received generic suggestions, such as moving closer to the router or restarting it, despite my stable internet connection. It was frustrating to note that the technical support team seemed unaware of error 514 and couldn't address my concerns adequately. Both the proctor and tech support were passing me back and forth between each other in an attempt to resolve this issue

This entire experience has left me disappointed, especially considering the extensive preparation and enthusiasm I had invested in this exam. Despite my best efforts, I was unable to attempt a single question due to the technical obstacles I faced.

• mstepien
    mstepien Posts: 410

Hi @sankaush,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please open a ticket at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and the Customer Support team will assist you.

Regards,
    Magda
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

Categories

Upcoming Training