Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Question/Problem in Sec 06. SETTING UP CONTINUOUS INTEGRATION WITH JENKINS/Configuring a Maven Build

Im throwing a pom error when I dont specify the correct pom path in setting up the worker-build project. Video instruction shows leaving pom.xml as Root POM. But job error states "ERROR: No such file /var/jenkins_home/workspace/worker-build/pom.xml"
Has anybody else had to work around this?

Answers

• oh for God's sakes. Nevermind. I was using the wrong commands and drifted into the abyss looking at other online resources. Retract question.

• Hi @mdwebber , I'm glad you were able to find the source of the issue and fix it :)

Regards,
    Luis.

• gobble gobble Luis, ty for your reply, of course Gourav answered my question 10 secs later in the instructional vid, and I was jumping way ahead, trying to solve problems that would never exist if I just follow Gourav, wait, and keep quiet...I have another question please. Do we integrate Jira/Jira Cards at all into Jenkins in this course?

• Hi @mdwebber ,

As far as I know, we don't see Jira here. The course is pretty large and the DevOps world is growing very fast, so it's pretty difficult to cover all the tools.

Regards,
    Luis.

• freshon
    freshon Posts: 4

Hi, I had same error message as mdwebber.

ERROR: No such file /var/jenkins_home/workspace/instavote/worker-build/pom.xml

I added upper directory name as worker/pom.xml at Build step. It resolved the issue.
    I don't know why I had to add additional path but the instructional video only used name of file.

• freshon
    freshon Posts: 4

Please, ignore my previous posting. The next video showed how to fix the Error.

Thanks,

Jay

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,144

Hi @freshon , I'm glad that you found the fix in the same course.

Regards,
    Luis.

• gouravshah
    gouravshah Posts: 139

@mdwebber @freshon I am glad you got the issues resolved by following the course/labs.

Just to answer the question about Jira, we do not have it as part of this course.

Categories

Upcoming Training