Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Practice examine or advice on how to prepare for CHFD?

Hi all,
Happy new year! I am almost done with the course so I googled a bit to see if there is any practice examine for CHFD to get ready for it. To my surprise, there seems to be no practice examine at all online.

To make things challenging, I read somewhere on website that

Exam Details
This exam is an online, proctored, performance-based test that consists of a set of
performance-based tasks (problems) to be solved in a Web IDE and the command line.

So I am assuming one needs to become familiar of all the NodeJS codes from the Labs to have a chance of passing?

Is there anyone who passed the CHFD certification care to comment on how to prepare?

Thanks,
Sam

Answers

• oliveruas
    oliveruas Posts: 3
    edited January 2022

Such a good question. I have finished the course and preparing for passing the exam. I am working on an own version of a network and an own smart contract. I think if your smart contract (chaincode) covers every (or almost every) lessons and you know what are you doing, you will pass.
    Edit: If this information is of your interest, I am a newbie (just one year learning) to both Node.js and Hyperledger Fabric (and also everything related with blockchain)

• Bobbijn
    Bobbijn Posts: 190

@sam777 @oliveruas, Great job on finishing the course and preparing for the exam. An additional resource can be found here:
    https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric
    The Fabric maintainer keeps additional documentation available for review on this Wiki page. Please let us know your thoughts on the exam, Best of luck. Bobbi

• jfpadilla
    jfpadilla Posts: 4
    edited March 2022

Hi Bobbijn, quick question re. how to prepare for the exam. in Lab 9 or 10. we exported the identities into a wallet after spinning up the network(admin and user for org1 and org2) before we can connect to fabric network using fabric-network api - sample code was provided. my question is, do we need to "memorize" all these codes (all lines of codes) to prepare for the exam? I am a little familiar with the concept just wanted to know if I need to memorize the code in order to prepare for the exam. thanks in advance! :)

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,887

Hi @jfpadilla

You don't need to memorize the sample code from the course for the exam. The course helps you learn and practice. Furthermore, you should supplement your exam preparation by going through the official documentation and practicing as much as possible. For more details regarding the exam please check out the Candidate Handbook. If you still have unanswered questions regarding the exam, please direct them to trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org. The forum should be used exclusively for course-related questions.

Regards,

Flavia

The Linux Foundation Training Team

• thanks for confirming. You've answered my questions. I exactly plan to create my own chaincodes and apps to practice. thanks! :)

• Bobbijn
    Bobbijn Posts: 190

:)

Categories

Upcoming Training