Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

[command-details] page duplicated

In chapter 'command-details', pages 12 and 13 seem to have the same content

Comments

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,887

This has been corrected. Thank you for bringing this up.

• You're welcome
    Maybe another one: in chapter 'commits' p.1, the link index is strange

• In chapter 'managing-local-and-remote-repositories', in the labs a few : are missing after the addresses

• In lab 40.2, I had to type git clone ssh://172.168.1.6:22/tmp/my-remote-git-repo. The daemon runs with the --base-path=/tmp option and locally it works without /tmp/my-... but over ssh, it still takes the /tmp prefix

On the remote, the git protocol doesn't take the column: git clone git://172.168.1.6/my-remote-git-repo /tmp/my-remote-git-repo works on another workstation whereas it doesn't work locally.
    But git clone git://172.168.1.6:/my-remote-git-repo /tmp/my-remote-git-repo works locally and not on the remote workstation

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

In the commit chapter, the link "index" should just be the word index, you are correct. We will fix

On the missing ":" I haven't got an idea of what you mean

The git daemon set up is tempermental from distro to distro and version to version

• About the colon, locally both commands git clone git://127.0.0.1:/my-remote-git-repo /tmp/my-remote-git-repo-2 and git clone git://127.0.0.1/my-remote-git-repo /tmp/my-remote-git-repo-2 work (with or without the colon after the ip address)
    But on the remote workstation, the git protocol takes no colon after the ip address
    And the ssh protocol takes a colon plus the port 22
    (You already told me that you can't deal with Arch, but for information: the apache directory is /srv/http, the links don't work there, and it takes the http protocol by default)
    If the git daemon varies a little bit each time, there's nothing surprising then

• In chapter 'advanced-git-interfaces-gerrit' p. 3, the phrase "Reviewers one the ones who submit work to the upstream layer" seems strange. Maybe it's "push"?

Categories

Upcoming Training