Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

gVisor runtime failed to launch

I have followed all the instructions, but gVisor cannot be used on my ubuntu server.

gVisor website claimed any linux of version 4.14+ can work, my ubuntu meets the requirement, but still hit the error as described on gVisor's troubleshooting guide.
https://gvisor.dev/docs/user_guide/faq/#memfd-create

Need some help here

-------------------- command line window dumps ---------------------------------------

environment: ubuntu 18.04 linux 4.15.0-144-generic
Error:
Warning FailedCreatePodSandBox 12s (x14449 over 27h) kubelet (combined from similar events):
Failed to create pod sandbox: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = failed to create containerd task: OCI runtime create failed: exec: "runsc": executable file not found in $PATH (unable to retrieve OCI runtime error: open /run/containerd/io.containerd.runtime.v2.task/k8s.io/ec84c417d7e7496217b16c512dcc70c5015a4ec3bdbb1ce3a6744b07c15f2a4a/log.json: no such file or directory): unknown

RuntimeClass:

apiVersion: v1
items:

• apiVersion: node.k8s.io/v1
    handler: runsc
    kind: RuntimeClass
    metadata:
    creationTimestamp: "2021-06-16T06:53:13Z"
    managedFields:
    • apiVersion: node.k8s.io/v1beta1
      fieldsType: FieldsV1
      fieldsV1:
      f:handler: {}
      manager: kubectl-create
      operation: Update
      time: "2021-06-16T06:53:13Z"
      name: gvisor

Comments

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    edited June 2021

Hello,

The second to last line of the containerd-setup.txt file is a wget command getting the runsc binary. The last command is making the downloaded binary executable. Did you run those steps? What errors did you get, if any? Is /usr/local/bin in your search path?

Regards

• sorry for the late reply.

I forgot to add execute permission to /usr/local/bin/runsc which caused this error above.

it's resolved, thank you !

Categories

Upcoming Training