Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

transport: error while dialing: dial tcp 127.0.0.1:7050: connect: connection refused

alebaffa
alebaffa Posts: 3
edited June 2021 in LFD272 Class Forum

Hi, I started the official course about Hyperledger Fabric Developer, but when I run ./network.sh up createChannel -ca -s couchdb I get the following error:

Error: failed to create deliver client for orderer: orderer client failed to connect to localhost:7050: failed to create new connection: connection error: desc = "transport: error while dialing: dial tcp 127.0.0.1:7050: connect: connection refused"
Channel creation failed

I am running it from Ubuntu 20.04 in WSL2 (Windows).
Did anybody already face this problem? Any idea how to fix it?

Thank you!

Comments

• alebaffa
    alebaffa Posts: 3

OK never mind I found the cause. The instructions say to run ./network.sh up createChannel -ca -s couchdb, but instead I tried to run first ./network.sh up and then ./network.sh createChannel -ca -s couchdb.

• Bobbijn
    Bobbijn Posts: 190

Hello @alebaffa, Great to see you were able to determine the issue, Keep Learning!

• drcirculor
    drcirculor Posts: 2
    edited September 2021

Hi, I am getting the exact same error, but unfortunately it wasn't resolved by running the "up" and "createChannel" commands separately. If anyone has any ideas then please let me know.

• Bobbijn
    Bobbijn Posts: 190

@drcirculor,
    Hello, Let's see if we can figure this out. This error usually occurs when one of the dependencies is out of sync. Please go back and check the versions of the dependencies, especially Docker. Let me know if this helps. Bobbi

• drcirculor
    drcirculor Posts: 2
    edited September 2021

Thanks @Bobbijn

Yes, you were right - I noticed this error when I brought up the network, "Local fabric binaries and docker images are out of sync."
    I ended up deleting the "fabric" and "fabric-samples" folders from "~/go/src/github.com/hyperledger", then repeating the curl and git steps in the "Hyperledger Fabric samples, binaries, and Docker images" section.
    The network startup and channel creation worked fine after that.

Thanks for your help.

• oww
    oww Posts: 1

@drcirculor shukran yoh...had gotten stuck there for a couple of hours.

• I am still having this issue:

- My installation is on stand alone machine.- running Ubuntu 20.04.4

I have verified the dependencies (we can add versions here) and running the correct command, but 

- docker --version

Docker version 20.10.13, build a224086

- docker-compose --version 

docker-compose version 1.25.0, build unknown

For the last step, (running as a root)

cd ~/go/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/test-network/

./network.sh up createChannel -ca -s couchdb

Creating channel 'mychannel'.

If network is not up, starting nodes with CLI timeout of '5' tries and CLI delay of '3' seconds and using database 'couchdb 

Generating channel create transaction 'mychannel.tx'

+ configtxgen -profile TwoOrgsChannel -outputCreateChannelTx ./channel-artifacts/mychannel.tx -channelID mychannel

2022-03-14 22:22:36.335 EDT [common.tools.configtxgen] main -> INFO 001 Loading configuration

2022-03-14 22:22:36.376 EDT [common.tools.configtxgen.localconfig] Load -> INFO 002 Loaded configuration: /root/go/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/test-network/configtx/configtx.yaml

2022-03-14 22:22:36.376 EDT [common.tools.configtxgen] doOutputChannelCreateTx -> INFO 003 Generating new channel configtx

2022-03-14 22:22:36.465 EDT [common.tools.configtxgen] doOutputChannelCreateTx -> INFO 004 Writing new channel tx

+ res=0

Creating channel mychannel

Using organization 1

+ peer channel create -o localhost:7050 -c mychannel --ordererTLSHostnameOverride orderer.example.com -f ./channel-artifacts/mychannel.tx --outputBlock ./channel-artifacts/mychannel.block --tls --cafile /root/go/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/test-network/organizations/ordererOrganizations/example.com/orderers/orderer.example.com/msp/tlscacerts/tlsca.example.com-cert.pem

+ res=1

+ peer channel create -o localhost:7050 -c mychannel --ordererTLSHostnameOverride orderer.example.com -f ./channel-artifacts/mychannel.tx --outputBlock ./channel-artifacts/mychannel.block --tls --cafile /root/go/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/test-network/organizations/ordererOrganizations/example.com/orderers/orderer.example.com/msp/tlscacerts/tlsca.example.com-cert.pem

+ res=1

+ res=1

+ res=1

Error: failed to create deliver client for orderer: orderer client failed to connect to localhost:7050: failed to create new connection: connection error: desc = "transport: error while dialing: dial tcp 127.0.0.1:7050: connect: connection refused"

Channel creation failed

Earlier, I took out "name: fabric_test" from docker/docker-compose-ca.yaml file, it was complaining about name field

• @farukansari i also faced the similar issue and i resolved it by applying below changes in docker-compose yaml files

1. changed networks to this
      networks:
      fabric_test:

2. Replaced
      image: hyperledger/fabric-orderer:latest
      image: hyperledger/fabric-peer:latest
      image: hyperledger/fabric-tools:latest

TO
      image: hyperledger/fabric-orderer:2.2
      image: hyperledger/fabric-peer:2.2
      image: hyperledger/fabric-tools:2.2

Run ./network.sh down and then ./network.sh up createChannel -ca -s couchdb

• I had the same issue. I didn't change anything but just take it down and restart, it worked.

• Post > @ChetanGadgilwar said:

@farukansari i also faced the similar issue and i resolved it by applying below changes in docker-compose yaml files

1. changed networks to this
      networks:
      fabric_test:

2. Replaced
      image: hyperledger/fabric-orderer:latest
      image: hyperledger/fabric-peer:latest
      image: hyperledger/fabric-tools:latest

TO
      image: hyperledger/fabric-orderer:2.2
      image: hyperledger/fabric-peer:2.2
      image: hyperledger/fabric-tools:2.2

This worked for me. The only thing I did differently was to update to version 2.2.2.

Thank you for the help!!

Categories

Upcoming Training