Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

7.1 status Codes

Options

the description of what status codes we are supposed to use is below.

The 4th bullet point says if any service responds with a non 200 respond with 500

The 6th bullet point says if either service responds with a 4XX that is not 400 or 404 respond with 500.

The second bullet point says if either service responds with a 404 respond with a 404.

The fifth bullet point says to respond with 400 if a request is made to a service where , the integer is invalid.

There is nothing that says what to do if one of the services, brand, boat, responds with 400. If I follow the logic that is given here I should respond with 500, because the 4th bullet point says respond with 500 for any service that is does not respond with 200.

So the question is

What do we do if one of the services responds with 400?

OR

Is there a clearer way to write the instructions to this? Please write out a clearer set of instructions if you can.

Answers

• somehow I accidentally commented out some of my original post. So I had to add the image in a separate comment.

Thanks!

Andrew

• davidmarkclements
    Options

What do we do if one of the services responds with 400?

So this question deliberately contains some ambiguity. When it comes to writing real world services the requirements can be difficult to pin down. So on this one you do what you think is best and you should pass (because you won't be penalised for any one of the various ways to resolve this ambiguity).

Categories

Upcoming Training