Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 5.2 Step 13 - FailedMount

Options
pbbhaskar
pbbhaskar Posts: 15
edited February 2021 in LFD259 Class Forum

I am trying to deploy deployment try1. Pod are coming up but both of the volumeMounts in simpleapp containers are failing. The configmap volume car-vol is failing to mount with 'failed to sync configmap cache' error and the nfs volume pvvol-1 mounting is failing with 'exit status 32'. Anyone experienced these errors?

Comments

• pbbhaskar
    Options

I did some research in the internet. I noticed several duplicate entries in /etc/exports file. They are probably the result of running CreateNFS.sh script multiple times. I cleaned them up. And exported the file using sudo exportfs -a. Finally, restarted the nfs server using 'sudo systemctl restart nfs-kernel-server'. when I recreated the deployment, both the volumeMounts worked fine. I don't know what exactly caused the original error. Thus my issue is resolved.

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    Options

Sounds like your error was caused by running the setup script several times. There are many things in Linux which would break if you run a setup script over and over, with out cleanup in-between each iteration.

Categories

Upcoming Training