Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

How to schedule the Certified Kubernetes Administrator exam

Hi,

I have bought the Cloud Engineer Bootcamp course and studying the courses.
I would like to schedule my Certified Kubernetes Administrator exam and appear for it. But if i go to the site examslocal.com - it gives me the below error message.

I need to complete the CKA exam first as it is needed at my workplace and plan to complete the other exams afterwards.
Can i not take the CKA exam directly? Please help me to schedule the CKA exam

Below link has the error image.

Comments

• Hi @ppande2,

Please send an email to certificationsupport@linuxfoundation.org for any exam related inquiries.

Regards,
    -Chris

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

The exam is scheduled from your LF training portal, not from examslocal.com.

• ppande2
    ppande2 Posts: 7
    edited September 2020

May I know where exactly from the LF training portal. There is no such link to schedule the CKA exam from the LF training portal. The below link sent me to the examslocal.com site for scheduling the exam where i get the error mentioned in my first post when i select the CKA exam

https://docs.linuxfoundation.org/tc-docs/certification/lf-candidate-handbook/scheduling-or-rescheduling-an-exam

@serewicz

• fcioanca

The documentation provides details on the steps you need to take from My Portal before you can schedule the exam. Then, the document does say that you need to click on the Schedule button within the My Portal. That will take you to examslocal, where you can schedule your exam.
    Please read the entire documentation carefully, as it provides the information needed.

Regards,
    Flavia

• @fcioanca said:
    The documentation provides details on the steps you need to take from My Portal before you can schedule the exam. Then, the document does say that you need to click on the Schedule button within the My Portal. That will take you to examslocal, where you can schedule your exam.
    Please read the entire documentation carefully, as it provides the information needed.

Regards,
    Flavia

Sorry to say - but i have checked numerous times and cant find the Schedule button in myportal. I can not reach to the Exams Checklist page at all. I have already followed the documentation where it says - how to reach to Exams checklist in below image and it does not bring me the exams checklist page but brings the course contents page.

Is there someone whom i can share my screen with and show the issue ?

• fcioanca

Please send an email to certificationsupport@linuxfoundation.org.

• @fcioanca said:
    Please send an email to certificationsupport@linuxfoundation.org.

okay. i have sent an email yesterday - waiting for the response on my issue.

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155
    edited September 2020

Hi @ppande2,

Please keep in mind that there are two separate processes to follow: first for exam registration, and second for exam scheduling. They are distinct, and have to be performed in this specific order.

Please explore the candidate handbook for all required details.

Regards,
    -Chris

• Hi @chrispokorni,

Yes i completed the CKA exam registration process on June 23rd. On that date i did not scheduled the exam but only registered it - as it was told to register within one month of purchasing the exam and we can schedule later as well.

Now just need to know how to schedule it.

Regards,
    Prasad

Categories

Upcoming Training