kubectl get nodes at master nodes

I am getting

"Unable to connect to the server: net/http: TLS handshake timeout"

what I am missing?

Answers

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello,

There are several things that could be causing such a response. Typically the previous step of verifying that the proxy node and the server show a status of OPEN inside the HAProxy web page. What status does it show for your nodes? Does it work again when you switch back the alias to the previous IP?

That problem usually comes from an improper edit of the new k8smaster alias, or a misconfiguration of the HAProxy software. I would suggest revisiting steps 2-5 to ensure the proxy is working.

Regards,

• cziaul
    cziaul Posts: 39

Yes when I switch back it works.

Attached herewith 2 screenshots for ha proxy

1)Shows OPN and
    2) Service is running

• serewicz
    edited August 2020

Hello,

If the command works when you change back the alias IP, then the problem is either with the alias IP you are changing to, or the proxy configuration.

In the installation lab, did you build the cluster using the k8master alias as the lab suggests or using an IP address?

Verify that you are changing the alias to the HAProxy IP.

If it still does not work please add verbosity, and show the output: kubectl get node --v=9

Also show: kubectl cluster-info

Regards,

• cziaul

My proxy address 10.0.0.139 and I changed it in master using alias k8smaster (Please see attached screenshot)

Here is screen shots of two commands you provided

Please see attached 3 screenshots. Thank you so much for your help

• cziaul

Can I please get an answer on above. Appreciate your help.

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

@cziaul Our instructors will assist as soon as possible. Generally, the turnaround time is about 2 business days (no weekends and holidays), but it may be sooner than that. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

• cziaul

can I please get an answer on above

• serewicz

Hello,

Please provide the contents of your /etc/haproxy/haproxy.cfg file.

I notice that your node IP is in the 192.168. range. Perhaps look at wireshark output to determine if there is some sort of routing issue.

Regards,

• cziaul

@serewicz, Thank you, problem resolved. In haproxy.cfg, instead of master ip address, I had proxy ip. it is working now.

• serewicz

Great! Glad its working.

Regards,

Categories

Upcoming Training