Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Chapter 11. Continuous Automated Testing - Build Breaker Plugin

Options

I'm not sure if others are running into the same issue, but I had some problems installing the sonar build breaker plugin (in the 'Adding Build Breaker Plugin, Improving Code Quality' section. Below are the steps that worked for me. Maybe it helps someone else.

1. Launch sonarqube container as root:
docker exec -it -u root sonarqube bash
  1. run update command
root@deaf8aceb6ce:/opt/sonarqube# apt update
  1. install wget
root@deaf8aceb6ce:/opt/sonarqube# apt install wget
  1. cd into directory /extensions/plugin

2. download newer version of breaker plugin

root@deaf8aceb6ce:/opt/sonarqube/extensions/plugins# wget -c https://github.com/adnovum/sonar-build-breaker/releases/download/2.3.0/sonar-build-breaker-plugin-2.3.0.299.jar
  1. exit from container
root@deaf8aceb6ce:/opt/sonarqube/extensions/plugins# exit
exit
  1. restart sonarqube container
root@ci-01:/# docker restart sonarqube
sonarqube

Comments

• luisviveropena
    Options

Hi @visdan ,

This failed because you didn't find the path on the Github repo in the video, right? So you went to the project on Github and downloaded it from there?

Thanks,
    Luis.

• visdan
    visdan Posts: 6
    Options

@luisviveropena yes that's correct. I also had to install wget in the container (something the instructor may had done already, but perhaps wasn't in the lab).

• luisviveropena
    Options

Hi @visdan , ok, thanks for confirming what's the issue, in fact I was able to reproduce it. I'm going to inform of it to the course maintainer.

I think the wget installation is a very simple step and basic tool, so I won't count this as an issue.

Many regards,
    Luis.

• gouravshah
    gouravshah Posts: 139
    Options

Thanks @visadan for notifying along with instructions that worked for you. Much appreciated. Thank @luis for pitching in.

Categories

Upcoming Training