Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Welcome!

Welcome to the Advanced Cloud Engineer Boot Camp!

As you have read the boot camp is made up of six self-paced courses and the CKA exam. Each of the six courses has its own forum, so please check there for particular course questions as well.

Office hours are available to ask questions and get help with lab exercises, similar to officer hours in a university. These will not be instructor-led training of the course. The zoom sessions will be recorded and made available to watch for a day after.

The boot camp is ongoing, with new students joining daily. Feel free to assist others or ask for assistance.

Welcome, we are glad you are here!

Comments

• janagan
    janagan Posts: 4

hi my name janagan. just now I joined the course. My background is in software development with 15+ years of experience, hoping to sharpen my skills new cloud tech.

thanks

• janagan

hi regarding Office Hours

is it possible know what is Office Hours is? and also please share office hours time period and the timezone

thanks
    janagan

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello,

You should have been sent the zoom links, times and passwords when you purchased the boot camp. Perhaps check your spam folder. If you have signed up and cannot find this information, please contact training@linuxfoundation.org for further assistance.

Regards,

• janagan

thanks for your feedback

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,142

Hi @janagan ,

The Office Hours is a space to talk, discuss, ask questions, in a conversational environment.

Here there is a good description for what Office Hours is at the Cornell University:

http://lsc.cornell.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/What-Are-Office-Hours.pdf

I hope that helps.

Luis.

• Hi all, I just started the AdvancedCEBC as well. I have software dev and internal cloud on zLinux background.
    Thank You, Daniel

• serewicz

Welcome Daniel!

• cat6509
    cat6509 Posts: 7

Hello,
    1. This morning class lecture -Container Fundamental (LFS253) is there anyway for us to review those who had missed it?
    2. Tommorow Tuesday - (LFS244) - Managing Kubernetes and the next day so forth.
    3. Is this for next week as well or just for this week?
    thank you

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hello @cat6509,

Welcome to the Advanced Cloud Engineer Bootcamp!

Office Hours are recorded daily and are made available on the Advanced Cloud Engineer Bootcamp forum after the end of the session. The recording is only available in the forum for a day.

Tomorrow, Tuesday, August 4th, we have scheduled the LFS258 - Kubernetes Fundamentals Office Hours.

Keep in mind, however, that Office Hours are not class lectures.

Regards,
    -Chris

• cat6509

Thank you Sir, I am in the "Advance Cloud Engineer Bootcamp" forum but able able to locate the Monday record meeting.
    Q2. Today I try to jump on the Tuesday meeting, it indicated host has a another meeting in progress" meaning once the meeting started we can no longer join? Thank you

• Hello!! my name is Erick Poppe, i am eager to complete this program. It looks like office hours may not be working right now as it indicates that host has a another meeting in progress.

• chrispokorni

Looking into the meeting overlap now...

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886
    edited August 2020

Hi @erickpoppe and @cat6509 , the office hours issues should be resolved at this point.

• chrispokorni

@cat6509 , can you try joining the meeting again?

• chrispokorni

@erickpoppe , we are looking into the meeting overlap...

• cat6509

May I ask, in order to join or listen or to following the office hour for class Cloud Native Logging with Fluentd (LFS242)do we need to finish first class 1. Containers Fundamentals (LFS253) 2. Kubernetes Fundamentals (LFS258). I mean any requirement?

• serewicz

Hello,

There is no need to finish the prior class, but the topics may not fully make sense without some of the previous knowledge. If you have the time there may be some questions and answers that are helpful.

Regards,

• cat6509

Thank you sir, the Zoom session for class LFS242 ran into earlier problem "The host has another meeting in progress" we cannot join.

• serewicz

Please try again. I think it is working now.

• chrispokorni

Issue resolved, thank you @cat6509 for reporting it and for attending today's session!

Regards,
    -Chris

Categories

Upcoming Training