Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

"install" to USB stick (LM 19.1)

I've "installed" (not live) LM19.1 onto a PNY 16Gb (2.0) pendrive. It takes up to 5(+) mins. to fully boot up. Then it has constant lags and minor freezes. After installing the latest Opera browser there's been no improvement.(not saying Opera should improve the situation) I've run "updates"/"upgrades"...even GRand Unified ver.2. I'm wondering if there's an inherent problem running LM from a pendrive. I ask this because I had "persistence" issues w/ 18.3 that were never solved. Well, I don't have the persistence problems w/ 19.1, yet the lagging and random "freezing" just about make it impossible to implement the O.S. or browser . When I tried to run "update' from update mngr, it took almost 1/2 hr. to install 6 updates. Wondering if anyone has had these issues and if so, have you been able overcome them? Would love some advice on how to get 19.1 running properly from a pendrive. I have been all over the "net" before posting here.

THANK YOU
Rick

Comments

• jake19
    jake19 Posts: 2

You may want to check any of your many (as in, dozens) of other threads on other forums, where your problems were explained to you in explicit detail. They all center around slow usb and a botched installation but you only seem to want to yell at those who tell you this. You are trying to run Mint in a manner it wasn't designed to run in, on slow hardware, and that usb stick is old as well. You've more than likely have alot of bad cells on the stick, but want to ignore that as well. If you dont want to listen there isn't a lot of reason to ask.

• 69Rixter
    69Rixter Posts: 9
    edited February 2020

RE: jake19

I'm not using an "old" stick...you are extremely misinformed. I'm using a 3.0 16gb now! I will choose, not you, what is relevant. I do not have to acquiesce self-proclaimed "know-it-alls". I do NOT have to explain myself to your pettiness. YOU may want to check other forums and see just how well your perceived...I think you'll find_most ignore your pompous babble.

:pRick

• @69Rixter said:
    RE: jake19

I'm not using an "old" stick...you are extremely misinformed. I'm using a 3.0 16gb now! I will choose, not you, what is relevant. I do not have to acquiesce self-proclaimed "know-it-alls". I do NOT have to explain myself to your pettiness. YOU may want to check other forums and see just how well your perceived...I think you'll find_most ignore your pompous babble.

:pRick

So you come back after almost a year with different hardware and want to try to be clever? Wow..you changed the hardware after your 1st reply, so yea its different now. Don't change the fact what your doing won't work right now or ever. And you appear to be a very slow learner since as you said to check other forums. Youve been trolling with this same stupid question at least six years now according to google and there never looks to be anyone that knows anything. None of the tutorials howtos, guides or advice is ever good.

Since your so smart why cant you figure it out and write your own guide?

Categories

Upcoming Training