Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 2.1 Ubuntu k8sMaster.sh script completed with 'localhost:8080 connection refused' ?

Options

Hi there, am just setting up course on AWS Ubuntu 16.04 node, following instructions have got to running the k8sMaster.sh which looked ok to completion (in master.out) by successfully downloading calico.yaml & rbac-kdd.yaml, but then script output loads of "connection localhost:8080 refused" messages. Now all kubectl commands just universally output "The connection to the server localhost:8080 was refused - did you specify the right host or port?" ?
Dont think i missed as step so there must be some local config to do on spun-up Ubunuti 16.04 network config ??
Do i need to run script as root ?
Also the AWS Free Tier Ubuntu 16.04 offers only 1 vCPU rather than recommended 2 vCPU (see errors and downgrades) - is two a mandatory requirement (so need to upspec image choice) ?
All help appreciated !!

Comments

• k8ckad
    k8ckad Posts: 3
    edited September 2019
    Options

Ahh just read the issue raised and answer in crixo's issue before mine here (error setting up august release in aws) by crixo - i see the issue is around the 1vCPU impl as discussed... many thanks!

• seetha33tmr
    Options

I am facing the same issue . Can you please provide the link where you found the answer for this issue?

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    Options

Hello,

Are you also using a single vCPU node? You will find it is not enough to get all the pods running which need to run. I think the start of lab 2 mentions using 2vCPU/7.5G nodes.

Regards,

• seetha33tmr
    seetha33tmr Posts: 17
    edited December 2019
    Options

@serewicz Yes I am getting the same issue as well. While 2 vCPU and 8G of memory allows for quick labs you could use much smaller VMs. Other Linux distributions should work in a very similar manner, but have not been tested. This is what mentioned in the Lab 2.1 doc. And since the ready_for.sh gave me PASS on all checks I assumed t2.micro instance from AWS would work. I am not sure AWS comes with 2CPU VM on free trail. Would you recommend using Google cloud instead?

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    Options

If you can get use their free credits Google may be a good option. Over time the master pods have become more resource intensive. I will probably have to edit the intro to explain this.

Regards,

• seetha33tmr
    Options

Alright. Appreciate the timely response. Thank you

Categories

Upcoming Training