Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

kubeadm init - pre-flight check error

I checked as best I could the previous issues and did not see this one.

I am running this command: kubeadm init --kubernetes-version 1.14.1 --pod-network-cidr 192.168.0.0/16 | tee kubeadm-init.out

Getting this result:
[preflight] Running pre-flight checks
[WARNING IsDockerSystemdCheck]: detected "cgroupfs" as the Docker cgroup driver. The recommended driver is "systemd". Please follow the guide at https://kubernetes.io/docs/setup/cri/
error execution phase preflight: [preflight] Some fatal errors occurred:
[ERROR Swap]: running with swap on is not supported. Please disable swap
[preflight] If you know what you are doing, you can make a check non-fatal with --ignore-preflight-errors=...

Seems like there are two issues. NO idea what swap is and it seems like other configuration work is needed for Docker. I have done nothign with docker other that the initial step in the beginning of getting the package that was already downloaded.

FYI, this is on the Ubuntu v16 VMWare image.

Thank you.

Comments

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello,

If you read the intro to the lab you will see that it mentions one will need to disable swap.

As for docker, were there any errors during package installation? What happens if you run sudo docker ps?

Regards,

• prenticect
    prenticect Posts: 21

Thanks... So for swap I see there is mention of such but not a specific command. I found a set of commands to make that happen so hopefully those will work for me.

Sudo Docker PS, does not error. Is shows all the columns of dockers containers, but none exist

• prenticect
    prenticect Posts: 21

It should be noted the docker message is a warning not an error. After I disabled swap it is installing :)

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi, the warning for Docker is harmless and can be ignored.
    -Chris

Categories

Upcoming Training