Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 4.1 Issue

I have been attempting the 4.1 lab for the last couple of days and I am never actually able to get to the terminal session on the devstack-cc node.  Some times I do see the black screen that you click on to enter the terminal shell, but after I click on that the window is just empty, I never actually see the server prompt. Has anyone encountered this issue before?  So far, this is the only lab that I have had this problem with.  I am using Chrome to attempt to access the lab.

I have also tried Firefox but in that browser I have never even made it to the black "click here to connect to the terminal server session" screen.  It always just says it's provisioning the lab.

Comments

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    edited August 2017

Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. I will pass along your experiences with Firefox that shows the lab stuck in the provisioning stage. It does take a while for the provision to complete, how long was it stuck in this stage?

Have you tried to reload the page to get the terminal to come up? I have noticed that sometimes it takes a minute or two, as well as a reload or two in order to come up. 

Best regards,

• corysmart
    corysmart Posts: 6
    edited August 2017

I think the longest I left up the tab/window with the provisioning stage message was 20 or 25 minutes and then I clicked on Quit or Start Over at the top to try again.  I have seen this behavior in Firefox as well as Chrome. Occasionally I also get a message saying that there is a limit to one lab per user and that I have too many labs running (even though I am only currently trying to start the lab for 4.1 and don't have any other labs open on my laptop).  It's after I see this message and click on the link to start/provision a new lab that I get stuck on the provisioning screen, though sometimes I get stuck there after clicking Start Over as well.

I have tried reloading the page with shift+refresh as mentioned in some of the other topics and that worked well for previous labs, but for 4.1 it doesn't seem to help.  I think I have spent a total of 4 or or 5 hours trying to get this one lab to even load up fully, i.e. so I am logged into the devstack-cc node and can start with the instructions.

• corysmart
    corysmart Posts: 6
    edited August 2017

I am finally able to work on this lab.  I guess I just wasn't waiting long enough. I let the setup run while continuing with the material.  After 33 minutes I got the terminal shell login screen. When I clicked on it, the window went blank like it did previously.  This time I just left it like for another 27 minutes and then refreshed the page and the devstack-cc session came up.

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    edited August 2017

Yes, the whole cloud is installed for each instance. There are some pre-allocated instances that can be used, but if a few users happen to have selected the same lab near the same time a new one needs to finish spawning. Depending on the lab it can take a bit.

Thank you for the feedback!

Regards,

Categories

Upcoming Training