Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 8.1 Task 4 Step #3 Reboot Issue

bike2wrk
bike2wrk Posts: 14

Hi,

After completing step #3, "reboot", for task 4 in lab 8.1 the sever did not restart.  Is the server expected to restart automatically after reboot?

Comments

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    edited June 2017

It should, indeed, restart. From what I have just found there seems to be some issue with nova after a reboot. The node rebooted for me, and came back but nova saw an instance twice. For the short-term I would suggest using the "Start over" button, and not rebooting.

I will continue to look into the issue. 

Regards,

• Ilonka
    Ilonka Posts: 11
    edited June 2017

I tried it for the third time... but after fill in reboot and enter nothing happens.

When I using "Start over" button wouldn't be created a new lab??? Then I have to begin from the scratch, haven't I? 

It's a little bit annoying :-(

Regards

• serewicz
    edited June 2017

Yes, the start over button would start from the first part of the lab. You would do this once, then not reboot. The rest of the lab would continue as normal.

The need to reboot was to fix a particular bug. While that bug has been fixed, it seems that a new one has been found when the node reboots. This is a downside of an open source software with thousands of people working on it at the same time. But definitly something you should be aware of should you work with the product.

Regards,

• Zhiyong2017
    Zhiyong2017 Posts: 1
    edited July 2017

I knew this issue has been addressed before back in January, but after I tried all the solution like quit and start over several times, it didn't work.

Basically I got "loading..." screen showing for 3 hours after I clicked "Terminal SHELL" icon.

Thanks.

• serewicz
    edited July 2017

Hello,

After the loading screen came up did you try to click inside of it or refresh the page again? I have noticed that it sometimes takes to or three times of clicking inside the terminal area, and then waiting 30 seconds or so. If it doesn't come up I reload. Usually less than three cycles and I get the terminal. 

I will make sure the infrastructure team is aware of the issue.

Regards,

Categories

Upcoming Training