Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab3.2

After following the first 3 steps in lab3.2, when I try to log into the BUI, I get a "this site can't be reached".

(my internet connection is fine, this is the only site I can't get to).

Any thoughts?

Comments

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    edited May 2017

Hello,

Please be sure you are using the correct IP address.  Ensure you are going to the devstack-cc node, not the compute-host which does not have horizon installed.   I have just spun up a new lab 3.2 and the BUI came up when I went to the proper IP address. For example, when I ran the ip a command in the termina I saw this: 

ubuntu@devstack-cc:~$ ip a 1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00 inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever inet6 ::1/128 scope host valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever 2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000 link/ether bc:76:4e:05:01:a9 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff inet 166.78.27.190/24 brd 166.78.27.255 scope global eth0 valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever inet6 2001:4800:7811:513:be76:4eff:fe05:1a9/64 scope global valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever inet6 fe80::be76:4eff:fe05:1a9/64 scope link valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever <output_omitted>

From this output you will see that my eth0 IP address is 166.78.27.190  I opened a browswer and went to that IP address and saw the OpenStack dashboard.

Regards,

• DavidKleiner
    DavidKleiner Posts: 3
    edited May 2017

Yes, I am using eth0.

First, when I start from scratch for lab 3.2, I am getting an instance that already has devstack running, but it only has a single compute.  If I try to install following the lab manual, then when I log in as admin, I get erros in the BUI "unable to retrieve hupervisor information", "unable to get nova services list".

I installed by copy/pasting to local.conf file in the lab directions.  If I do a 'cat -A local.conf' there are no hidden characters and visually inspecting, the file, it's the same as in the lab directions.

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    edited May 2017

Hello,

Other than labs 2 and 8 the openstack software will already be configured and ready to use. Each other other lab is configured to have completed all the previous steps and be ready for the next lab.

If you are trying to run the ./stack.sh script again, without running ./unstack.sh first it could cause issues with the web server available.   As you will find mentioned in the lab, all you have to do is open lab3.2, find the public IP address by running the ip a command and using the eth0 interface ip address. On your local system bring up a web server and put the IP address into the URL, connecting to the site.  You should see the OpenStack login screen at this point. 

I have again opened up a new lab and followed the steps in the previous paragraph and logged into the BUI. Obscuring the last octect of your IP address, what is the public IP address you are using?

Regards,

Categories

Upcoming Training