Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Labs 3.3 Task 6 numbering

Options
soosgyul
soosgyul Posts: 15

Now the labs are working, thanks for that! Sorry for any previous posts, where I sounded upset.

Anyway.

It might be just me, but if not, the labs is a little bit off with the numbering:

Task 6:

there are questions on the following numbers:

• 2. a, b, c, d
  • 6. a, b
  • 12. a, b, c

Whereas there are solutions for questions: 

• 2. a, b, c, d
  • 5. a, b
  • 10. a, b, c

This is not a big problem, it happens, however at task 6 - 12. c asks If there were any errors? 

At this stage, if we follow the labs, we are logged in as developer1. In the Project -> Compute -> Overview page, we cannot see any errors whatsoever.

If we follow the labs, and log in as admin, and visit the Admin -> System -> Hypervisor page, then we'll see a red circle because we are using 3 VCPU-s out of the available 2.

I know the labs are as fresh as possible, and there will be errors here and there. If there is any other place where I can report these errors instead of the forum, I would be more than happy to do it there.

Comments

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    Options

This is the best way to report errors you have found.  I will update the solutions to reflect the changes to the labs. It won't be included until the matieral is updated, but I will ask that it be added to the errata file as well. 

The errors being seen by one user and not by another is part of the lab. The quotas that an admin set for a project are the resources shown to that project. As a result quotas have nothing to do with the actual memory, CPU or other resoruces a project can access. The Admin project is able to see the true availability, instead of the quota settings.

Thank you for the posting.

Categories

Upcoming Training