Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Trouble logging in to 360training.com

Hi there, 

SSO with Linux Foundation into 360training.com isn't working and therefore I can't take my course...I've been trying today all day and nothing. It says password or username invalid...it always worked for me, is 360training.com having some sort of outage?

Thanks in advance.

PS: tried to reset my credentials too and got a new password (to try not to use SSO) but I do not know my username nor my linux foundation ID...thanks

Comments

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886
    edited March 2017

Hi,

If you have purchased LFS201 from The Linux Foundation training page, the only way to access the course is by logging into your "my portal" on the training.linuxfoundation.org/portal website and launching the course from there. 

Regards,

Flavia

• mjk
    mjk Posts: 1

Yes, I also had trouble accessing them, especially with Firefox, Chrome and Safari.  I'm not sure if this is due to the recent upgrades that block add-ons or not.  I eventually logged in training.linuxfoundation.org/portal using Opera and then directly launched the course from there.  Logging on at "lms.quickstart.com" never worked.

• fcioanca

Hi,

Please do not use lms.quickstart.com or the 360training.com websites, as you will not be able to access your courses. You must log into your "my portal" on the training.linuxfoundation.org/portal page and launch the courses from your portal - this is the only way to be authenticated as a user and allowed to access the courses.

Thank you,

Flavia Cioanca

The Linux Foundation

• I think you misunderstood my message.

I am using Linux Foundation training page, not bypassing it (SSO = Single Sign on). These are the steps that ALWAYS worked for me, and stopped working yesterday:

1) Log in to Linux Foundation portal with Google OAUTH (or single sign on)

2) From the training portal, click on "My courses" then "Launch course" for LFCS

3) Auth rejected by LMS (or quickstart, or 360training, or whatever their name is)

4) Obvs, tried so many different ways to "reset my credentials" (even though, I am using SSO, so it kinda defeats the point)

So, in short: Single Sign On was failing straight away from Linux Foundation training portal...suggestions?

• I think you misunderstood my message.

I am using Linux Foundation training page, not bypassing it (SSO = Single Sign on). These are the steps that ALWAYS worked for me, and stopped working yesterday:

1) Log in to Linux Foundation portal with Google OAUTH (or single sign on)

2) From the training portal, click on "My courses" then "Launch course" for LFCS

3) Auth rejected by LMS (or quickstart, or 360training, or whatever their name is)

4) Obvs, tried so many different ways to "reset my credentials" (even though, I am using SSO, so it kinda defeats the point)

So, in short: Single Sign On was failing straight away from Linux Foundation training portal...suggestions?

• fcioanca

Hi Pablo,

Thank you for clarifying that. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue - we are looking into it and hope to resolve it asap.

Thank you,

Flavia

• No problem, I figured I could be even more specific so you (hopefully) can resolve quicker:

Once I log in to Linux Foundation training portal with my Google Single-Sign-On (https://training.linuxfoundation.org/portal) I click on "My Courses" then "Launch Course" (url: https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/cas/login?service=https://api.quickstart.com/LS360ProxyAPIWeb/restful/sso/cas/lf)

It does load a bit, then redirect to

https://api.quickstart.com/LS360ProxyAPIWeb/restful/sso/cas/lf?ticket=ST-XPAF4NGzHo

and it fails, and redirect again to

https://lms.quickstart.com/lms/j_spring_security_check?

which asks for login credentials which I obviously don't have as I use Single Sign On.

Thanks for looking into this, I was going to call the Support line but if you tell me you are on it, I'll wait.

Thanks again Flavia.

• Hey,

any ETA on resolving this issue? I can't access the course and, well, it's pretty critical to keep on studying, as my exam is not far away from these days...

thanks

• fcioanca

Hi Pablo,

We do not have an ETA as of this moment, but we are hoping that this situation is resolved by tomorrow. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing and we thank you for your patience while we work to solve the problem.

Regards,

Flavia

• Pablo García Álvarez
    edited March 2017

Got an email from the Linux Foundation and finally got my access reset to the course platform. This is anyway unacceptable...I lost track of all my progress and I am not using Single Sign On....it is kind of ridiculous for this to happen nowadays and with something as important as the training platform for the Linux Foundation...really upsetting...

Quoting the email:

"Hi Pablo,

The LMS that hosts the LFS201 course player was upgraded over the weekend and it seems your user account did not sync properly.  I do apologize for this issue leading to your inability to access your account on the LMS since the weekend... the cause and resolution are still being investigated by the LMS partner. "

Thanks for the help anyway

• fcioanca
    edited March 2017

Hi Pablo,

We do apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing you. We are doing our best to solve this problem. In an attempt to minimize the "downtime" in your preparation for the LFCS exam, we are using a workaround solution - while it may not be the best, it is better than not having access at all to the course for an unknown period of time. 

Thank you for your understanding and patience while we work to resolve the problem.

Good luck with studying and with the certification exam!

Flavia

• I frequently have trouble getting into the LMS from the training portal, even after I have been logged in during the past hour. 

Today's bug is that the drop down menu to navigate the course content chapters/sections doesn't work.

• cseepersad
    cseepersad Posts: 10
    edited April 2017

Have you already tried clearing your cache? 

Categories

Upcoming Training