Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

cannot open at all the lab

jeanroch
jeanroch Posts: 8
hello folks

When i click to open the lab, the windows is stuck with the message :

"We are setting up a brand new lab for you. This process may take some time to complete, so please be patient."

But after nearly 2h of waiting there is nothing more.

The issue is the same with Firefox 45 on Mageia 1 and with Chrome 55 on Suse 42.2

Is there an issue with my account on the server ?

Comments

• marcindulak
    marcindulak Posts: 4
    edited January 2017

Click on the "shell" icon - it did not open automatically for me ...

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    edited January 2017

There have been some reports of stuck labs. If you notice it takes more than 30 or so minutes the lab is stuck. I would suggest using the "Start over" button and generating a new lab. If that returns right to where you left off, then "Quit". Close the browser and start again. Usually this will eventually spin up in 15 or so minutes. 

I will pass along this information to the infrastructure folks. 

Regards,

• cenxit
    cenxit Posts: 1

I am constantly getting this problem, it is becoming unusable this week. "We are setting up a brand new lab for you. This process may take some time to complete, so please be patient."

LFS252 Openstack Administration Fundamentals.

Please help.

Thanks

Jeff

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    edited August 2017

Hello Jeff,

How long did you wait for the lab to spin up? We install a fresh system, using the same lab steps as you would complete yourself so that you have an accurate and up-to-date view of the system each time. As the installation and configuration can take some time there often is a delay from the time you start the lab until it becomes available.  

There are a few systems pre-spooled, but as this class is available world-wide it may be that there were others, locally or elsewhere, who have decided to start their labs shortly before you. This can lead to a longer wait time for the lab to spool up.   Later labs also take longer as there are more configurations to be made.

How long did you wait for each instance to finish configuration? I will pass it along to the infrastructure folks.

Regards,

Categories

Upcoming Training