Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Error when [etcd] Creating static Pod manifest for local etcd in "/etc/kubernetes/manifests"

Hello,

When used GCP to create a master node, I got an error as following. What should I do to resolve it.

etcd] Creating static Pod manifest for local etcd in "/etc/kubernetes/manifests"
[wait-control-plane] Waiting for the kubelet to boot up the control plane as static Pods from directory "/etc/kubernetes/manifests". This can take up to 4m0s
[kubelet-check] Initial timeout of 40s passed.

Unfortunately, an error has occurred:
timed out waiting for the condition

This error is likely caused by:
- The kubelet is not running
- The kubelet is unhealthy due to a misconfiguration of the node in some way (required cgroups disabled)

If you are on a systemd-powered system, you can try to troubleshoot the error with the following commands:
- 'systemctl status kubelet'
- 'journalctl -xeu kubelet'

Additionally, a control plane component may have crashed or exited when started by the container runtime.
To troubleshoot, list all containers using your preferred container runtimes CLI, e.g. docker.
Here is one example how you may list all Kubernetes containers running in docker:
- 'docker ps -a | grep kube | grep -v pause'
Once you have found the failing container, you can inspect its logs with:
- 'docker logs CONTAINERID'
error execution phase wait-control-plane: couldn't initialize a Kubernetes cluster
To see the stack trace of this error execute with --v=5 or higher

Best Answer

Answers

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello,

Have you looked at the setup video on how to configure your GCE nodes?

Also, use the *history* command to compare what you typed against the book. It could be that Docker was not installed. Please check for other errors with previous commands.

Regards,

• zhangwe
    zhangwe Posts: 45

When I run "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y", I got:

Installing new version of config file /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg ...
    Installing new version of config file /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg.d/README ...
    Leaving 'diversion of /etc/init/ureadahead.conf to /etc/init/ureadahead.conf.disabled by cloud-init'
    Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.122ubuntu8.16) ...
    update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.15.0-1052-gcp
    W: mdadm: /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf defines no arrays.
    Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.23-0ubuntu11) ...

• zhangwe

I watched the setup video on how to configure your GCE nodes.

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello,

Yes. There were several command that came before the kubeadm init command. Did you ensure you ran each command properly?

Regards,

• zhangwe

As I mentioned before, I think I got a error when I run "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y".
    What should I do?

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi @zhangwe,

The output snippet provided above does not indicate any errors. Would you mind providing the part of the output which includes the error you are reporting? The error itself may indicate the root cause of your issue.

Thanks,
    -Chris

• zhangwe

Do you mean that "W: mdadm: /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf defines no arrays. Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.23-0ubuntu11) ..." is not an error?

Categories

Upcoming Training