Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Online Video Platforms

Banana
Banana Posts: 1
edited November 2016 in Software

I was hoping someone could help me with a problem. I wanted to post some videos online of book reports. But the Terms of Service your mainstream platform providers are too restrictive. I'm not made of money. I was wondering if there might be some open source programs/applications that might enable me to start my own video platform online.

I can do anything I want with a Youtube channel, as long as I don't post anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely yours,

Rick Logan

Comments

• If I understand you correctly, you want to get your hands on video software that will enable you to stream videos online? 

I have only used youtube for this particular purpose. youtube does allow you to copy and past an embedded url to a browser page for playback. I can't recall any restrictions set by youtube in addition to how big the video can be. If you can send me the link to that restriction I can look into it. 

What mainstream OVP (online video platforms) did you research?

From my research, I have read that there are lots of video hosting platforms available, most free of charge, that you can use to upload, distribute and manage video content posted online. Most of them are SaaS-based with a web-based interface for interaction. Some can be embedded in a browser where the browser acts as the video player. 

There is a wikipage that explains what an OVP is, a list of available OVP and some guidelines to follow for picking the right one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_hosting_service

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_video_platform

• saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    edited November 2016

How do you prefer to operate your OVP?

Are you trying to use a SaaS-based program or one you can embedded in a browser?

• zakariya
    zakariya Posts: 7
    edited December 2017

How would you want to work your OVP? 

It is safe to say that you are endeavoring to utilize a SaaS-based program or one you can installed in a program?

• My Advice is to just check out what are the steps involved in building a video streaming platform only then you will have an idea how you could develop you video streaming platform and what are the features used in creating a video streaming platform. I have listed down some of the features which is necessary for on online video platform and give you an idea of how to develop it and what are the requirements which is necessary in developing it

Customisability

Your streaming solution ought to be 100% customisable to add branded features. If your streaming platform isn't customisable, you can't add new elements or updates to it later on. While picking a platform provider, ensure it allows you to add marked highlights. Streaming interface ought to likewise be designed for a superior user experience. Your sound/records ought to be grouped on your streaming platform so they can be effectively looked by users. All of this can happen just when your online video platform is customisable.

White-label Features

All things considered, you really want to pick a white-label platform provider for that. A white-label platform allows you to add marked highlights like a brand logo, company banners, etc. The significant advantage of a white-label streaming platform is that you will get lifetime ownership. You simply need to pay the development cost once and tweak your streaming platform dependent on your business needs.

Payment Gateway Integration Feature

Broadcasters ought to make a video streaming website that acknowledges installments from various sources. For accepting installments from customers, you need to integrate payment for your streaming platform. The top streaming platforms accepts installment from numerous modes like credit/check cards, net banking, and e-wallet. If You want to pick a platform provider that permits you to integrate multiple payment gateways.

Refer the link to know more https://blog.vplayed.com/create-video-streaming-website-like-netflix/

Categories

Upcoming Training