Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab2.1 Task 3 local.conf file and stack.sh.log

I created /home/ubuntu/devstack/local.conf with variable "LOGFILE=/opt/stack/logs/stack.sh.log" but when I run stack.sh. logs are not created in the specified directory. I've Look at the stack.sh script to debug but its a bit hairy.  Thoughts?

Comments

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2016

Hi Freddie,

Thank you for your patience. My spam filter caught more than it should have.  

Please check the first few lines of the local.conf file. The most common issue is the section header is missing or has a typo. If the section called properly then the stack.sh script won't read in the following parameters. 

Does the first line of your  file look like this, with all the characters:

[[local|localrc]]

If it does, please paste the contents of the message in a comment here and we can continue to work on it.

Thanks!

• Thanks for the reply unfortunately I cannot see the block of text you posted. It appears just blank to me.  But all it not lost.  I will research the formats of local.conf files.  Thanks

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2016

Hi Freddie,

Not sure why the block is not showing properly.  The technology used for this area won't allow me to type in the proper syntax.  If you look at the subject line I typed it up there. I'll try to paste below as well. 

The first line of your file should be:

[[local|localrc]]

If it is not then the rest of the parameters are not read into the script. 

Categories

Upcoming Training