Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 3.2 issue creating network structure

Hi,

after struggling with some issues making compute-node visible to CC, now I realized that the br100 needed for instances traffic is not created.

As I can see on the pdf, this is the setting related to vm interface:

FLAT_INTERFACE=eth2

but my vm only has eth0. I tried changing this line in order to use eth0 (just to see what would happen) and nothing seems to improve. I don't know if I would need to create an alias to eth0 or a similar artifact in order to make it work.

Did someone manage to finally add this compute and launch successfuly the devOS3 instance?? Any help will be appreciated. Maybe I am forgetting something to achieve this lab completion...

Regards,

Roberto

Comments

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello Roberto,

Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. The eth2 interface should have been created and attached to the compute-node system. I just checked a new instnace and indeed it is missing. I have sent a message off to the support team and hope to have a fix for you soon.

Due to the nature of labs you should be able to continue with future labs and return to this lab once the fix has been pushed to the production servers.

Thank you again.

• Hi serewicz, thank you for your reply.

Indeed I went onto next labs, waiting until this one had been fixed.

Thank you for your support!

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

After interacting with support I have learned that the lab environment has changed. Please use the eth0 interface on compute-node and the lab should otherwise work as written. I am updating the course book shortly to show the line as this:  FLAT_INTERFACE=eth0

Thank you for your patience.

Categories

Upcoming Training