Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Changes in Devstack (?) causing Lab issues

Options

I think there's an issue with Devstack stack.sh.

I started out by using the Lab Environments, and right from the start (Lab 2), I am unable to see (as admin) any of the existing Projects, Users, etc.

I thought maybe an issue with the Lab enviroment, so I created my own local (using KVM) Ubuntu 14.04 based devstack host. Using the same local.conf set up as the labs [but adjusting for my network], I'm running into the exact same issues.

Unable to see any information for the following [All return with Unable to retrieve errors]:

System: Instances, Volumes Identity: Project, Users, Groups and Roles

What's more interesting is when I try to create a new project. I get 2 errors:

Error: Could not find default role "Member" in Keystone Error: Not Found (HTTP 404)

I'm getting those on both the hosted Lab environments as well as with my own dev environment at home.

If I've missed something obvious [which is always a distinct possibility], please let me know.

Thanks.

Comments

• khandpur
    khandpur Posts: 3
    Options

Hi. I'm completely dead in the water, can't do any of the labs. Lab2, all of the Lab3 and Lab 4, I'm unable to anything as admin.

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    Options

DevStack does change a lot and not always with the best quality control. It is a downside of such a massive and active community of developers.  I have just run lab2 and configured the devstack-cc system.  Verify you are using the IP address for your system. For example you may use 192.168.97.1, if that is the IP you found under task 1, step 4.

Categories

Upcoming Training