Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Configure OpenVPN on Mandriva 2010.2? [SOLVED]

Options

Can someone please, please explain to me how to configure OpenVPN on Mandriva 2010.2?

I have received a static key and IP address from the company that provides the VPN service.

I have already installed OpenVPN on my server, so I "just" need help with the configuration.

Preferably a step-by-step guide. :blush:

I can give root-access if it feels right for me, so it can be fixed quicker. (Is a bit paranoid.) :unsure:

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Before you start thinking about granting access to your system, please review http://people.mandriva.com/~ybourhis/openvpn/index.html to see if the client instructions help you.
  • marc
    marc Posts: 647
    Options
    Guldstrand wrote:
    Can someone please, please explain to me how to configure OpenVPN on Mandriva 2010.2?
    I have received a static key and IP address from the company that provides the VPN service.

I have already installed OpenVPN on my server, so I "just" need help with the configuration.
    Preferably a step-by-step guide. :blush:
    I can give root-access if it feels right for me, so it can be fixed quicker. (Is a bit paranoid.) :unsure:

Thanks in advance...

Step by step instructions in a vpn configuration? That's gonna be difficult :S

The openvpn docs are pretty extensive, have a look at them and return back with accurate questions rather than a "do it for me"

And I don't intentend to be rude, just that it's how you should do things :)

Regards
  • Guldstrand
    Options
    I have managed to finaly fix OpenVPN on my server, thanks to a friend.
  • marc
    Options
    Guldstrand wrote:

It's common practice on forums to write the solution to your problem once you've found it for others that might encounter the same problem in the future know how to solve it :)

Regards
  • Guldstrand
    Options
    marc wrote:
    Guldstrand wrote:

It's common practice on forums to write the solution to your problem once you've found it for others that might encounter the same problem in the future know how to solve it :)

Regards
    I know that, but i don't know what my friend did to fix it. Sorry!
  • marc
    Options
    Guldstrand wrote:
    marc wrote:
    Guldstrand wrote:

I know that, but i don't know what my friend did to fix it. Sorry!

No prob ;)
  • jaramy24
    Options
    I used this manual http://forum.mandriva.com/en/viewtopic.php?t=52399
    If it will be useful for anybody
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Options
    I only got through 1/2 of my installation of OpenVPN on Fedora before I had to stop. When I get home I intend to finish. Thanks for the additional link. Even though it's different distros it still helps to have another detailed manual to look at.
  • saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    Options
    Actually, linux configurations are pretty much generic. The method of procedure will vary, overall, most detailed linux documents are helpful. I like O'Reilly.

Categories

Upcoming Training