Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

HP printers issue.

Hi.

I have an hp LaserJet 1020 printer. the day I installed Ubuntu I could use the printer, but after a restart there was a problem with printing, so I removed my printer from printers list, and then added it again, and I COULD NEVER PRINT AGAIN.

I attached my printer to ALL other USB ports, removed and added the printer 1000 times but it doesn't print.

I wanted to see how can I remove any printer configuration from HDD so when I reinstall the printer it will work like the first boot of Ubuntu?

Or maybe any other solution you have to this problem.

Thanks soooo much for your helps.

Comments

• asedt
    asedt Posts: 96
    Have you tried entering the page: http://localhost:631/ to enter the CUPS on your computer. Try add the printer from the Administration tab. Also you can see all installed printers on the Printers tab and check there status etc.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Have you tried installing the hplip application and libraries which automatically manage HP printers through cups?
  • ActiveX
    ActiveX Posts: 59
    If you mean of the packages that automatically begin installation in a terminal interface, yes, I installed that too. It installed a few packages summing up about 10MB.

But as I said, it worked just the first time.

Any solutions?
  • marc
    marc Posts: 647
    ActiveX wrote:
    If you mean of the packages that automatically begin installation in a terminal interface, yes, I installed that too. It installed a few packages summing up about 10MB.

But as I said, it worked just the first time.

Any solutions?

Try what Aron suggested
  • ActiveX
    ActiveX Posts: 59
    Though the printer is now being used on a friend's PC under Windows, but I'll try it as soon as possible.
    thanks in advance ;-)
  • Since so far there was no answer, your problem is possibly solved.
    If not, installing your printer using 'hp-setup' should do it.
  • Hello Guys i think that mostly printing device issues on the acting of printing,like that when you face problem that create command at your computer,the printing device fails to make your record. The best way to repair hp printers is to start with the easiest and most obvious problems and work your way up to more difficult ones.Thanks!!
  • Deadcrow
    Deadcrow Posts: 6
    markspend wrote:
    Hello Guys i think that mostly printing device issues on the acting of printing,like that when you face problem that create command at your computer,the printing device fails to make your record. The best way to repair hp printers is to start with the easiest and most obvious problems and work your way up to more difficult ones.Thanks!!
    The thread is inactive for over a year now.
    Just saying.

Categories

Upcoming Training