Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

made the switch

RickSMO
RickSMO Posts: 123

Well, after much thought about the conversation I had with mfillpot, I decided to go with Fedora over Ubuntu for the time being. Enjoying my decision so far.

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    I'm curious, did you install it with the KDE desktop?
  • RickSMO
    yep, just like you previously recommended.
  • Goineasy9
    Excellent, I saw KDE 4.6.4 come in last night. I'm really liking my switch back, it's getting better every day. It's also good that we have similar systems, we'll be able to trade tricks.
  • RickSMO
    yeah sounds good to me.
  • marc
    marc Posts: 647
    Goineasy9 wrote:
    Excellent, I saw KDE 4.6.4 come in last night. I'm really liking my switch back, it's getting better every day. It's also good that we have similar systems, we'll be able to trade tricks.

4.6.4?

I've been on the 4.7 beta for quite some time now... you guys use software so old... :P :P :P :P :P
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    I am glad to see that you made the switch, I think you will like some of the default security that fedora has in place, just be careful when changing selinux permissions.
  • Goineasy9
    Right now I'm getting sealerts from setroubleshooter because of an update to libreport. Ignore it, it will go away when the next update goes through. If they figure out an easy way to fix it. Heh.

Categories

Upcoming Training